When will travel ball start back up? Poll

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is your best guess for when travel ball will start back up?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • June

Votes: 63 32.1%
  • July

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Fall ball

Votes: 59 30.1%
  • Next year

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Apr 28, 2019
What is your best guess for when travel ball will start back up?

Impossible to say. I believe there are far more cases of infected persons than is being reported.
Due to late start getting serious about virus the situation will get worse before it gets better.
If people smarten-up and keep to themselves we should be able to beat this thing by early Summer. I don’t see that happening unfortunately.
I believe at this point this season will be a total loss. Hopefully there will be some sort of medical breakthrough that lessens the effects or best case scenario a vaccine is developed soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 8, 2016
I hope I am wrong (because that means the country will be in a decent place sooner than I expect) but my feeling is that nobody is playing (team) softball till Fall season starts at the earliest.

Mar 6, 2018
No one can predict, but let’s face it, Social distancing is only going to buy us time. It will hopefully keep the spread of the virus at a level that will not overwhelm our healthcare system.

Assuming the current polices work, any relaxing of restrictions on movement stand the chance of the virus spreading once again.

A Game Changer, will be the rapid test that was just approved... results in 45 minute has the potential to really relieve the stress on hospital personal and the supply chain.

We may figure out we can handle this. I know the economy can’t.

The next 3 weeks will tell the tale for sure.

Honestly, time has slowed down for my family and it feels kind of nice.

No pitching lessons, no soccer practice, no gymnastics practice, no travel ball practices, no tournaments, no gymnastics meets, no practices to plan, parents to contact, etc.

I can actually come home and enjoy doing nothing. I get to take my daughters to the cage, to the field, or we can practice in the yard. They get one on one coaching and we have tons of time.

If we don’t feel like pitching today, no sweat,
Tomorrow is open. Heck, I kind of like this. I even had time to cut the grass.:)

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
No one can predict, but let’s face it, Social distancing is only going to buy us time. It will hopefully keep the spread of the virus at a level that will not overwhelm our healthcare system.

Assuming the current polices work, any relaxing of restrictions on movement stand the chance of the virus spreading once again.

A Game Changer, will be the rapid test that was just approved. It has the potential to really relive the stress on hospital personal and the supply chain.

We may figure out we can handle this. I know the economy can’t.

The next 3 weeks will tell the tale for sure.

Honestly, time has slowed down for my family and it feels kind of nice.

No pitching lessons, no soccer practice, no gymnastics practice, no travel ball practices, no tournaments, no gymnastics meets, no practices to plan, parents to contact, etc.

I can actually come home and enjoy doing nothing. I get to take my daughters to the cage, to the field, or we can practice in the yard. They get one on one coaching and we have tons of time.

If we don’t feel like pitching today, no sweat,
Tomorrow is open. Heck, I kind of like this. I even had time to cut the grass.:)
Nice perspective!

Sep 29, 2014
Yeah no real need to be in a rush, only thing that worries me is with all the kids out of school very few are getting the virus which means none of them are immune, if we open the country back up and kids start playing sports again biggest fear is kids will get it...even though trend says all the kids will be OK, although some might get sick but they will start spreading it again without knowing it and we could see a second wave hit adults again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28