When will travel ball start back up? Poll

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is your best guess for when travel ball will start back up?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • June

Votes: 63 32.1%
  • July

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Fall ball

Votes: 59 30.1%
  • Next year

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Aug 1, 2019
MN
I would hope pro sports do not dictate when amateur sports resume. Pro sports requires teams from ALL the member states to sound the all clear. Amateur programs can resume on a state by state basis, and some are definitely faring better than others.

Might want to move your tournament to Wyoming.

Apr 16, 2013
I'm hoping and believing June, at least here in NC. Data is starting to show that, all over the US, we're reaching the plateau a lot earlier than thought. Personally, I see, after the end of this month, a moderate return of the economy. If you're in the high risk category, continue to distance yourself. Otherwise, you healthy folks, return to work while keeping smart measures in place. Masks, don't touch your face, don't shake hands (or other things), and don't rub elbows with folks.

After all, wasn't the whole lock down thing solely to help prevent the huge spike that overwhelms hospitals? It was just to allow the medical community to get prepared so they wouldn't be overwhelmed. As soon as we get back to any kind of normal, the infection rate will grow again. There's no stopping that. So will the hospitals be ready for it, to start ramping up next month? We can't keep this lockdown for long, it just can't continue.

Feb 25, 2018
Effective contact tracing will help find infection hot spots and may allow for periodic returns to some sort of normal activity; I think that type of approach, though, won't be rolled out nationwide.

I read that Singapore had good success with the identifying/isolation approach, but I think their population is only around 6 million, so there could be a scalability issue for us.

I'm sticking with fall ball. Of course, my daughter is trying volleyball this fall as a freshman in high school, so no fall ball for her.

Different subject (and it belongs in the shameless parent brag discussion) but my DD hit her first batting practice jack yesterday! It was a no-doubter to center, guessing 215' based on where it landed near the flag pole on the other side if the fence. Thought it might be her day as she was hitting the ball hard during walk-throughs off the tee.

She asked to take video to send to her coaches and wanted to set up her phone behind her; I thought it would be better (and safer for her phone) from the side.
First pitch, boom! Of course she gives me the "see, I told you we should have been recording from behind home plate" look.
Fun moment.

Also, hit the fence twice from the left side.
😎

Have a good day, folks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-083847_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-083847_Photos.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20200408-083907_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-083907_Photos.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20200408-083936_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-083936_Photos.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20200408-083949_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-083949_Photos.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 34
Dec 23, 2017
New York
Effective contact tracing will help find infection hot spots and may allow for periodic returns to some sort of normal activity; I think that type of approach, though, won't be rolled out nationwide.

I read that Singapore had good success with the identifying/isolation approach, but I think their population is only around 6 million, so there could be a scalability issue for us.

I'm sticking with fall ball. Of course, my daughter is trying volleyball this fall as a freshman in high school, so no fall ball for her.

Different subject (and it belongs in the shameless parent brag discussion) but my DD hit her first batting practice jack yesterday! It was a no-doubter to center, guessing 215' based on where it landed near the flag pole on the other side if the fence. Thought it might be her day as she was hitting the ball hard during walk-throughs off the tee.

She asked to take video to send to her coaches and wanted to set up her phone behind her; I thought it would be better (and safer for her phone) from the side.
First pitch, boom! Of course she gives me the "see, I told you we should have been recording from behind home plate" look.
Fun moment.

Also, hit the fence twice from the left side.
😎

Have a good day, folks.
Great that she is playing another sport. I feel that is very important for the longevity of a players softball career.

Jun 27, 2018
I just got word our rec league is shooting for opening up May 16. Delaware. I assume this is subject to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
Me either but the total number of tests won't help with the modeling (not directly at least although more testing would mean more accurate data)..only our feeling that we are doing what we should as a country. My brother-in-law has been sick for 3+ weeks with symptoms which point to Covid-19 but they wouldn't test him because of his age and lack of pre-existing conditions (even though he has asthma). He is finally getting a bit better but still cannot walk around for more than 5 minutes before he gets winded.

Is he better now?

The lack of testing and resulting under-reporting is very worrisome to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802