When to play music between innings?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
Along the same lines I was surprised at the music( very heavy metal from my youth) being played during the PGF All star game at warm ups and between innings for most of the game. It was not something my 10 year old would listen and I wonder who this selection was being played for.

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
I would never and never have done it, but if the girls enjoy it, have at it my friend. The moron who said to pretend it is not your first rodeo can go F himself. IT IS GIRLS SOFTBALL DUDE, stop acting like it is more important than that. it is a game, it is supposed to be fun!
your exactly right Its girls softball and meant to be fun for them. If they want walk up music and the tournament allows it. Then who are you to "F" anyone.
11 pages on this issue is insane.
only reason I'm even reacting to this is you quoted me and are "F" ing someone sure better not be me.

Feb 18, 2014
It doesn't take long, when playing in a big tournament whose purpose is to get a coach to watch your girls, that things are different. Parents are more reserved and when you are the only team playing music, it doesn't take long to feel awkward. It's specially bad when your coach isn't a sharp enough stick to pick up on whats going on.

May 19, 2019
My daughter is a member of a travel softball team. We play music for the girls between innings. We had been told, by someone with way more knowledge than us, that it was the unwritten rule to play the music for your team as your team left the field and was coming up to bat. However, we continue to find teams that either do not follow this rule, or are not aware of it, and play the music on the opposite schedule, which is when their girls are taking the field.

What is the "rule"? Should the music be played as your team comes up to bat? Or as your team takes the field?
Is this a serious question? This is your big worry at a game? Jesus. Poor kids. Hey never mind worrying about your mechanics or fundamentals lets make sure we play some music and wear clown noses

May 22, 2013
There’s no rule, some teams play music some don’t Keep it clean, keep it short. You’ll hear less of it in the 16-18 u ages.
Same for walk up

May 29, 2015
10 page thread on playing music for pre-teen and teen girls softball games.. :rolleyes:
Maybe I should start one on the proper fan attire for the games...that to me is more distracting and 99 out 100 times not in a good way :LOL:

Well, it has brought out some lurkers and new members! Hopefully they stuck around. Totally worth it.

As for proper attire, I will say just one thing ... Coach, if you are going to wear a hat at the plate meeting you better be wearing it properly.

OK, one more comment on attire ... and I apologize if it toes the line ... working a league night this past summer. I’m BU in the A position. As I scan the field before the pitch, I see a woman entering the complex (entrance is by left field on this diamond). She was somebody’s (sister? mother?) who must have just gotten off work and hurried to the game in her work uniform. Not unusual, except she worked at Hooters. Best part was the coach razzing the PU for not seeing her walk in.

Oct 1, 2014
My daughter is a member of a travel softball team. We play music for the girls between innings. We had been told, by someone with way more knowledge than us, that it was the unwritten rule to play the music for your team as your team left the field and was coming up to bat. However, we continue to find teams that either do not follow this rule, or are not aware of it, and play the music on the opposite schedule, which is when their girls are taking the field.

What is the "rule"? Should the music be played as your team comes up to bat? Or as your team takes the field?
There’s no rule. But. Just. Don’t. It’s annoying and unnecessary. It’s an invention of “those” parents.

Sep 28, 2018
Never. Never, ever, ever.

Just because "your girls love it" doesn't make it right. There is an entire ballpark full of other people and everyone but your girls probably don't care for it. It's a free country, but out of respect for everyone else at the ballpark I would never play it except at practice.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I would never and never have done it, but if the girls enjoy it, have at it my friend. The moron who said to pretend it is not your first rodeo can go *NAUGHTY WORD* himself. IT IS GIRLS SOFTBALL DUDE, stop acting like it is more important than that. it is a game, it is supposed to be fun!

All about respect for the game and others around you. Hopefully you too can learn some of the life lessons the game can provide. Good luck to you and yours.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812