When to begin to be concerned about college showcases

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2021
This is true for DD’s team as well, and DD (2022) ended up committing this way, even though she had plenty of communication the traditional way.

They were playing the best Socal teams at zoom (2021), and maybe 15-20 coaches were there to watch the games. DD was lights out (pitcher) and was noticed by big schools not on her list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Recruiting works both ways.... always good to take notice of coaches there to watch the other team. Mine got put on many radars in the end because she was able to email XYZ coach and say she was the pitcher in the game they attended against Team 123 and he was my stats for the day. If they are there to see Team 123 and the player showed out, it opens up another opportunity.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This is true for DD’s team as well, and DD (2022) ended up committing this way, even though she had plenty of communication the traditional way.

They were playing the best Socal teams at zoom (2021), and maybe 15-20 coaches were there to watch the games. DD was lights out (pitcher) and was noticed by big schools not on her list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is precisely why you need to be on a team that plays in the right tourneys, against the right teams on the good fields. Not necessarily on one of the many teams in a good program. You can be in a small boutique program that plays the good teams. Look beyond the shiny stuff from the big programs...unless DD can be on the top team.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
In my opinion showcases in general are not all that important. Camps are what gets you recruited.

That hasn't been our experience. I'm not saying camps don't work, but showcases can certainly be effective recruiting opportunities.

Mar 22, 2010
So, which has more value? Camps or Showcases?
I say Showcases. First off you are paying for that anyway whereas Camps are additional cost. Secondly, you have exposure to more coaches at one time. Of course, you need to do your homework and email, email and email coaches or it's a waste of time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom