What's your call? (Video)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
Got an infield fly and that is it. I doubt the fielder even saw the runner as she was staring up at the ball the entire time. Interference is a real stretch on this one and completely disagree with the interference call.

Aug 2, 2019
THe following is just a guess, but what I would expect the call to be.

Absolutely interference. The runner came out of the running lane into fair territory and obstructed the play. BR is out on the IF, dead ball on the interference, all runners return to their base.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
THe following is just a guess, but what I would expect the call to be.

Absolutely interference. The runner came out of the running lane into fair territory and obstructed the play. BR is out on the IF, dead ball on the interference, all runners return to their base.

The running lane is irrelevant. The BR did exactly what the rules dictate by abandoning her base path to avoid interfering with the defense's right to make a play on a batted ball. It was poor execution by F3

Aug 2, 2019
The running lane is irrelevant. The BR did exactly what the rules dictate by abandoning her base path to avoid interfering with the defense's right to make a play on a batted ball. It was poor execution by F3
Agreed that F3 did not take the best path to the ball, but the BR absolutely did interfere with the fielder making the play, though clearly not intentional. And she did so after she had been called out.

To be clear, I'm not trying to argue, just learn.

Jun 22, 2008
The runner did not interfere in any way with f3, as I stated f3 probably never even saw her. F3 simply misplayed the ball, interference is not a catch all for the defenses poor play.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2019
Doesn’t seem like the runner interfered. Did the batter runner make contact with the F3? Play should have stood IMO. Batter out , runner scores.

But I’m not an Ump :)

Seems like the defense got one hell of a reward for not being able to catch a routine infield fly ball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478