Whats your "Area" tradition or rule about what happens with OTF homerun ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Well now I am going to keep this tidbit for future reference. I learn all kinds of things on this board.
I do this a lot in High School ball, lot of high school fields we visit have "unique" dimensions.

This one is in our region, 140 to RF, but the fence is taller... maybe 20' high. 180 down LF line, regular fence.

1682455824099.png

Jun 8, 2016
My parents kept the first OTF HR I hit. If I had known I was going to quit the next week, I probably would have kept the one (and only) from college 😂

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I don't go chasing DD's HR balls. (Sounds like a TLC song) Parents will hand them to me. One exception. DD broke the career Grand Slam record. A few innings later I was going to the truck to get some water and saw that noone got the ball. I walked over and grabbed it. 2 weeks later she hit another GS at an away game which I did not attend. I would rather have the video of the HR more so than the ball.

Jan 25, 2022
We definitely grab the first HR ball for our HS girls. We have dozens of brand new replacements in the dugout.

I hit several in little league that I don't recall keeping, but my only homerun ball from Babe Ruth league is 5ft away in a "potluck" curio cabinet beside my grandpa's bowling pin trophies and an autographed softball my kids got.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812