Whats your "Area" tradition or rule about what happens with OTF homerun ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2021
Looks like I have to find some singles or 3 pack of USSSA game balls. I can only find a dozen.

Aug 6, 2013
Haley has hit a few in her career and when she was playing 12's and 14's and just starting to hit them we kept them. She had a box of them in her room - when we moved she put them in her practice bucket, lol. Now we don't keep them. We sometimes take a pic with the ball but there is no need to keep it. That being said, last summer she hit one over the permanent 300' fence at IDT in CO. (yeah we know the balls fly there but, man, that ball FLEW). FYI - we did keep it for a picture at the field and then she put it back in the dugout the next game.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Haley has hit a few in her career and when she was playing 12's and 14's and just starting to hit them we kept them. She had a box of them in her room - when we moved she put them in her practice bucket, lol. Now we don't keep them. We sometimes take a pic with the ball but there is no need to keep it. That being said, last summer she hit one over the permanent 300' fence at IDT in CO. (yeah we know the balls fly there but, man, that ball FLEW). FYI - we did keep it for a picture at the field and then she put it back in the dugout the next game.
I want to have that bat checked, please. LOL
I saw a average sized 14U player one hop the 315 sign in dead center in CO. I have never before or after heard a bat and ball collision make that sound. I would bet even money that bat was enhanced.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
We kept DDs first OTF ball in TB. She did not want the ball with her first HR in HS ball - but we did get a pic. She recently hit her first GS so we kept that ball. DD is not a HR hitter so every one is special to us :)

Back in younger rec, they used to hand out game balls to someone who did well at a game. DD hit a "HR" in 8U All Stars that won our first championship. I'm pretty sure we kept that ball. But she hit a LOT of "HRs" in early rec so we don't have any others.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I want to have that bat checked, please. LOL
I saw a average sized 14U player one hop the 315 sign in dead center in CO. I have never before or after heard a bat and ball collision make that sound. I would bet even money that bat was enhanced.
Last year was my first experience in Colorado. I knew right away why the Rockies had trouble signing pitchers. I never saw that many home runs in the span of a week in my life.

Aug 6, 2013
Last year was my first experience in Colorado. I knew right away why the Rockies had trouble signing pitchers. I never saw that many home runs in the span of a week in my life.
Yep - we LOVE going to Colorado. Highlight of our summer :ROFLMAO: - last year after that 300' HR she hit one that cleared a 30' tree behind the fence off an AZ State commit. This was a regular softball field with tall fences so we couldn't necessarily measure that one but she liked that one even better. This is her last summer before heading off to college and she is going light but we are sure as heck going to IDT, lol.

Oct 4, 2018
Unless it’s the kid’s first one put it back in play. You can take the obligatory cheesy “holding HR ball” picture for Mom’s HS sweetheart to see on FB with some other ball after the game..

I agree.

My DD has her first. They tend to toss me them as they occur, and I say thank you and keep it for our BP bucket. But I think they should go back into the game personally.

Oct 4, 2018
Yep - we LOVE going to Colorado. Highlight of our summer :ROFLMAO: - last year after that 300' HR she hit one that cleared a 30' tree behind the fence off an AZ State commit. This was a regular softball field with tall fences so we couldn't necessarily measure that one but she liked that one even better. This is her last summer before heading off to college and she is going light but we are sure as heck going to IDT, lol.

You probably know this, but you can google map the field, use the measure tool, and get the distance a ball traveled. It's kinda cool.

1682448946256.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28