What's the worst thing you had to give up/pass on for softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
We bought a summer place in cape may NJ when DD was 8. We would spend summers (weekends and 2-3 weeks) there. Bought my dream boat and docked her 1 mile from our house right on the intercoastal waterway.
Life was great. Spent so much time on the water. I grew up without much and during that time I felt like I made it :)
Add softball, we still have our place but we rarely go. Put the boat up for sale 3 years ago and found a buyer who had 3 young kids. Let the boat go for a song compared to what I paid. But all that means nothing compared to the time I've had with DD over the last 8 years. The fish will always be there but DD will one day be too old to have a catch with her old man.

May 6, 2015
We bought a summer place in cape may NJ when DD was 8. We would spend summers (weekends and 2-3 weeks) there. Bought my dream boat and docked her 1 mile from our house right on the intercoastal waterway.
Life was great. Spent so much time on the water. I grew up without much and during that time I felt like I made it :)
Add softball, we still have our place but we rarely go. Put the boat up for sale 3 years ago and found a buyer who had 3 young kids. Let the boat go for a song compared to what I paid. But all that means nothing compared to the time I've had with DD over the last 8 years. The fish will always be there but DD will one day be too old to have a catch with her old man.
actually, it is more likely old man will be too old to catch with DD, but your appreciation of the quality time together is well noted.

Mar 4, 2018
I own a very nice bass boat, probably worth about 45,k-50k. That boat has not left the garage in damn near a year. Two kids that both play travel baseball/softball, and they both play travel basketball. The son also plays flag football but that is very close to home. I use to go to the boundary waters in Minnesota to go fishing every year with my father. I have not been on the fishing trip in 4 years now. I used to fish about 75 days per year. I will be lucky to go fishing for 3 days this year.

I am not complaining, I enjoy my kids' activities just as much as I use to enjoy fishing. Both activities are pretty damn expensive.

Oct 27, 2017
Gave up a BBQ catering business to coach and spend time with DD. Now I watch from the stands and love every minute. The extra money would be great to help finance the SB journey, but not enough time to do both.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
If it wasn't for sports. I would probably be a crappy parent. Sports has kept me focused on my daughter. I really don't care about things I've missed. I get over it. Birthdays. weddings. reunions. Eehhh! I've met some great people on this forum and in life with softball. I actually think I've gained more than missed.

Feb 26, 2018
I used to play SP softball, and then my DD started playing TB 4 years ago. Haven't played a game since. I finally sucked it up enough to sell 2 of my bats in the past couple months, but still holding out hope I'll need my other 3 one of these days 🤣🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802