What's the worst thing you had to give up/pass on for softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2018
NY
Yep, I agree. As the first one here who said to go on the cruise, I don't want to look back on my DD's childhood as "yep, there was softball, and umm, that softball tourney, and there was some more softball, and there was softball after that, and then she graduated".....I don't want my DD, my family, or myself missing out on any life experience. Yes, softball is most of it, but it shouldn't be all of it.
Happy times with family and extended family MUCH more important than softball.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I have waited a long time to reply to this thread. I've bored you all so much with my other posts. The one thing that I gave up was my head coaching position in baseball. I truly loved coaching baseball and was reaching a pinnacle where we were one of the top two programs in our area. It was hard to then step down. It was hard to leave the boys who had grown up with me coaching them. I knew most of them from the time that they were 7. I had also gain such a solid reputation that I was asked to coach/introduce baseball into the former Soviet Union. Those were good times. Still, I knew BB was going to start varsity as a freshman and I only have one child. I never missed a high school game. I never missed one TB game. I missed one college game. I will wrap this up by saying that there were times when I was coaching 2 and 3 HS sports where I was barely home for my child. I was being there for everyone else's child. I don't regret putting my dd first and finally being her biggest fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802