What's the ruling?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
I had a game today, I was behind the plate. The count was 3-1. Next pitch I yell out "strike" with the hammer, the girl turns around and walks into the dugout, i told her there were only two strikes as she was walking back, as were the coaches, but she was in her own world thinking it was three strikes. If she enters the dugout, is she out?......I let her come back in.......................After the inning, a woman came up to me (maybe her mother) asking me to yell louder, she (the mother) couldn't hear the count, I told her to move closer, count's not for her......Parents are funny somethimes.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I had a game today, I was behind the plate. The count was 3-1. Next pitch I yell out "strike" with the hammer, the girl turns around and walks into the dugout, i told her there were only two strikes as she was walking back, as were the coaches, but she was in her own world thinking it was three strikes. If she enters the dugout, is she out?......I let her come back in.......................After the inning, a woman came up to me (maybe her mother) asking me to yell louder, she (the mother) couldn't hear the count, I told her to move closer, count's not for her......Parents are funny somethimes.

No she is not out. That is your error to correct which it sounds like you did. Every umpire has done this at some point - you can just laugh it off 95% of the time.

May 29, 2015
We’ve all been there ... but not all of us are this cool. 😁

1571078335604.gif

If anybody ever challenges you saying she should be out, remember that abandonment applies to runners, not the batter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802