whats the hotter bat out of the wrapper CF8 or CF9?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2014
or are they pretty much the same?
DD1 is DYING to try a Demarini. there are some sweet deals on both right now (black friday). would you get a new cf8 in wrapper for $210 to save some cash or spring a little more for the cf9?

we've never used a Demarini, strictly Louisville over here so we have nothing to compare to

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am NOT a Demarini expert, but I was told there is very little difference between a CF8 and CF9. I found a great deal on a NIW CF8 on Ebay...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I have heard some comments that seem to indicate that the CF8 has a slight advantage over the CF9, but who knows how accurate those evaluations are. I would say it's a safe bet that both are very good bats, and the difference will be in the abilities of the hitter WAY more than the pop of the bat. Picking up a CF8 at a really good price is certainly not a bad decision.

Oct 16, 2014
^^my younger DD tried her friends cf6 -11 once and was hitting ball after ball to the fence in BP (age 10) it was probably the hottest bat I've ever witnessed in real life

thanks for the advice sounds like the cf8 with all the savings is a good way to go

Sep 3, 2012
My daughter swings Demarini and I have listed the bats below that she thinks are hottest to less hot. You can go either way though with the CF8 or CF9.

CF5
CF8
CF6
CF9

She didn't like the 7 at all and used it very little. We could have gotten a dud, but it was the only one she used very little and couldn't wait to replace it.

Sep 22, 2015
My DD has the CF8, but I like both. I know you stated "out of wrapper," but our perceptions can be shaped by a recent round of BP with a broken in CF8 :). I'd buy the CF8 and save the $$.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JustBats

Baseball & Softball Bats
Nov 10, 2016
Kansas City, MO
With the advancements of composite material in today's softball bats, both are going to be relatively hot out of the wrapper. Now, we do still recommend a slight break in period (about 100 swings off of a tee or soft toss) so that you can get your bat to peak performance. As far as the difference between the CF8 & CF9 - the main difference is the composite material. The CF9 features "Paraflex composite" which is supposed to be up to 22% more durable than the CF8. Honestly, you can't go wrong with a DeMarini regardless of the series. They make excellent fastpitch models. With the release of the CF9, you can find a CF8 at a deeply discounted rate right now. Since your DD has never used a DeMarini model before, it wouldn't hurt to go with a CF8 to see if she likes it first.

Oct 16, 2014
thanks all!!
yes the CF8 is pretty discounted right now, but lets say I could get a discounted CF9 for only $40 more than a discounted CF8? still go with the 8?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23