What's Better - Nationals or Exposure Tournament?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
In order to get exposure to various college coaches, is it better to go to Nationals (if you qualified obviously) or to go exposure tournaments?

Which is one has the most recruiters attending?

Marc

May 12, 2008
The right exposure tourneys yeah. Brackets are a pain in the keester for a college coach trying to see as many kids as they can because of the uncertainty of who will be where when or if. Now if they are just there to let a few kids know they still love them, that's fine. Or if they want to see how a kid or two handles the pressure cooker, fine.

Jul 17, 2008
in the dugout
be careful of the "exposure" tournaments! a lot of tournaments are called exposure tourneys because the person putting it on emailed 100 college coaches. doesn't mean that any of them will actually show up. i know, i've been to some of these and they're just an excuse to charge more money. be sure to find a reputable tourney that you can verify through others that have played in it in the past that recruiters will actually be there... not "just invited."

May 18, 2008
California
This year it was the nationals, at least in 16U. DD's team went to a lot of showcases including Vegas and Colorado. The first couple of days of the ASA nationals you couldn't turn around without bumping into a scout. I have never seen that many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad