What would you expect coaches/tournament directors to do differently when we return back to play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Would evidence of a recent test showing negative results be helpful? Maybe by the time the curve flattens enough to get players back on the field there will be enough tests available to administer before tournaments. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Looking forward to teaching lessons again.
There will be 2 mandatory things continuing implemented.
1. Sanitized Hands
2. Safe Distance
* Teach softball outdoors!

May 16, 2016
Found it:

Hmmm.... 40 teams, each with 12 players, 3 coaches, and 12 parents, is 1080 people. Yeah, that is not going to happen on May 23rd in Connecticut.

Googled the park, only 11 Women's Bathroom stalls?

I think bathrooms are what will keep tournaments shut down. One centrally located bathroom, that EVERYONE will visit multiple times during a tournament. Because this virus can be transmitted through the air, one infected person, who has a coughing fit or sneezes in the bathroom, and you could have multiple infections. IDK, maybe some kind of ventilation, that is constantly pulling the air out of the bathroom, sucking in fresh air... IDK... Maybe everyone not playing where's a face mask?
Park Amenities:
  • 3,200 sq/ft custom building.
    • Real bathrooms (11 women's stalls, 7 men's stalls).
Looks like a nice park.

1587130700540.png

Jun 8, 2016
Hmmm.... 40 teams, each with 12 players, 3 coaches, and 12 parents, is 1080 people. Yeah, that is not going to happen on May 23rd in Connecticut.

Googled the park, only 11 Women's Bathroom stalls?

I think bathrooms are what will keep tournaments shut down. One centrally located bathroom, that EVERYONE will visit multiple times during a tournament. Because this virus can be transmitted through the air, one infected person, who has a coughing fit or sneezes in the bathroom, and you could have multiple infections. IDK, maybe some kind of ventilation, that is constantly pulling the air out of the bathroom, sucking in fresh air... IDK...
Park Amenities:
  • 3,200 sq/ft custom building.
    • Real bathrooms (11 women's stalls, 7 men's stalls).
Looks like a nice park.

View attachment 17153
Hand out Depends at the gate..That would also work in keeping people socially distanced..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
You are right. Either it is either "safe", as in what we typically take on as a reasonable risk, to be in contact with others or it isn't. The issue that is going to come into play and possibly cause issues within teams, as you mentioned previously, is different people are going either not going to understand the risk involved or if they do, have a higher level of reasonable risk (which is their perogative) .

Before we play again, I am going to make sure we "meet" (perhaps virtually) as a team and discuss this. While the final decision whether a team plays or not is up to the HC, the choice for my own kid is going to be made by my family. If the HC is upset by my decision to not let my kid play (should it come to that), then he can go and find another SS.

I like the content in this first paragraph.
Regarding risk vs & or perogative.

It made me think of when
cel phones came out.
And the added risk to everyone on the road.
From texting and driving especially.

Everyone on the road, even pedestrians, starting taking greater risk.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018
Found it:

With the northeast states forming a coalition
about coordinated openings of activities
(at least in words, actions are another thing),
tourneys with teams coming from out of state are going to be hard to pull off until all the states give the green light to play ball.

May 20, 2016

He does a pretty good job of breaking it up. We play in 16 team tournys there and you will only see 6-8 teams while your there. With ll fields your looking at 22 team at a time. So brings the number down to 660. Realistically at first will need to bring it sub 500 to start. So a few fields will be empty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28