What would DD do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Mine were/are perfect ‘lil angels too!

I was always surprised at who was telling stories. Sometimes it was the ones you would expect, sometimes not.

All I’m saying is they will all be exposed to it sooner or later but you may not wish to get a head start on it, lol

Oct 10, 2018
Sounds like a good kid and a team player - being worried that the team could come up short and have to forfeit. Whichever decision she makes will be fine. The coach knows this is a surprise last minute scrimmage and chances are a lot of the team has made other plans thinking the weekend free. If DD would like to see her friends that she probably didn't see all summer b/c of covid and play, see the friends. If her availability makes the difference between forfeit and play it's decision she's going to have to make. Life is full of tough decisions and this is a good age to start making some of them.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
If it were my DD, I would let her decide, and not fault her either way.

Reasons to Bail:
Because it's a last-minute un-scheduled event.
Some coaches think their players are just sitting around, with clear schedules, just pining to play.
(To a certain extent, this is probably true.)
But kids do have to maintain some sort of social life away from the sport.
And they do sacrifice so much in that regard with their regularly-scheduled "season".
You never want to create a situation where a player starts to resent that sball curtails all their other "fun"...

Reasons to Play:
Because she wants to play, and doesn;t mind bailing on her plans with friends.
Weather report is looking stellar.
COVID-19 has created chaos in the "regular-schedule" all year, and coaches are doing their best to get their players on the field any way they can, and sometimes this requires a lot of patience, understanding, and flexibility on the part of the players and families.

Apr 28, 2014
The season was probably over. From what I understand it just happen to be a nice weekend and the coach said ok I'll play instead of checking with his team
Makes sense.. and we play.
Can hang with friends all winter, if its nice we play.

Aug 25, 2019
The season was probably over. From what I understand it just happen to be a nice weekend and the coach said ok I'll play instead of checking with his team
Yes that is exactly what happened. I didn't mind since the coach is a nice guy, just like he didn't mind when my DD told him she had plans. She didn't miss much, the first team was a disaster, bad pitching, the 2nd team was good, that was a good game I heard.

Apr 8, 2019
Makes sense.. and we play.
Can hang with friends all winter, if its nice we play.
No, season over and if I can make it, fine. If not see you in January for winter workouts. Coach should be considerate especially if season if suppose to be over.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28