What would DD do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
No hence the fine line part..It means care enough to work your rear off but not so much that when you fail it consumes you to the point that you no longer want to play because the fear of failure ruins all the fun.
Does your wife tell you that.
Sounds like marriage counseling tips. 😘

Jun 11, 2013
Did I miss where all the Pac 10 coaches would be there or is it just an unscheduled friendly double header? If it's the latter it's up to her if she wants to play.

May 4, 2020
She's playing 18, which means she's at least 16, right? Driving, getting ready for college, that kind of stuff.

Her call. I'd probably encourage her to skip the softball and start interacting with other friends because the season is over. Certainly if that's where she was leaning I wouldn't pressure her to play.

But, as I tried to explain to DS the other night, the difference between good and great is actually loving the game (or instrument or whatever) more than anything else, wanting to do it or practice or play rather than do any other activity. While my DD loves playing, it's never been her absolute top priority. We know girls to whom softball is.
You don’t need to be 16 to play 18U. Some 13, 14yr olds can hang with the older girls.

Dec 11, 2010
That’s absolutely true. The differences aren’t always on the field.

18u dugouts have a different ambiance than a 14u dugout. Some young ladies are not ready to hear and see what they will see from young women there. Parents should know that even if it isn’t overtly apparent, there will probably be vivid conversations and discussions of partying that would curl their hair.

Feb 20, 2020
That’s absolutely true. The differences aren’t always on the field.

18u dugouts have a different ambiance than a 14u dugout. Some young ladies are not ready to hear and see what they will see from young women there. Parents should know that even if it isn’t overtly apparent, there will probably be vivid conversations and discussions of partying that would curl their hair.

Boy that’s the truth. When my DD was a freshman on the swim team, she said some of the locker room conversations among the seniors — or on the team bus — were quite head turning.

Luckily, my DDis an absolute perfect angel (please God please) who would NEVER be influenced by anything like that and found the stories of drinking and sex and whatever to be anathema to her. Or at least that’s what she told me, and I keep telling myself 😀

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45