What will future you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
On the show How I Met Your Mother, at one point the characters of Marshall and Ted know they should do something, but don't feel like doing it. I can't quite remember what the thing was, but it had some long-term implications. They decide not to do it, saying "We'll let future Marshall and future Ted worry about it." The show then flashes foward six months, where Marshall and Ted are mad that they didn't do what they should've earlier.

The reason I bring this up (other than I am horribly addicted to TV) is we are at the part of the year when it's easy to blow off practicing. The real season seems a long way off, so what can it hurt to skip a few sessions, or put in half an effort if you do practice? When you do that, essentially you're saying, "I'll let future me worry about it."

Well, try to flash forward about six months, to when future you is in a tight game with the pressure on. What is he/she going to think about the you of today? Will he/she be mad that present you didn't put in the work when you could've? Will he/she wish that present you had gotten off the computer, quit texting, or woken up earlier and gotten a few extra reps in? It's very possible.

Give future you the help he/she needs. Put in quality time now so you're ready for the season. Future you will thank you profusely.

More...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45