What to do during long practices?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
My order is:

1. Offer help to coaches
2. Play on phone
3. Talk to other parents
4. Read a book
5. Watch a movie (on phone)

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I know it's not the point of the thread, but at that age, are 3 1/2 hour practices actually effective or does everybody stop caring with an hour and a half left?

Apr 20, 2015
I know it's not the point of the thread, but at that age, are 3 1/2 hour practices actually effective or does everybody stop caring with an hour and a half left?
Think it depends on the age group and the skill level. Between my 3 dds we have had very effective 3-4 hours practices from 10u through 16u. We have played on other teams where a 1.5 hour practice was a waste of time. Alot is in the structure and skill of the coach to run a good practice as well

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
My DD played for an 18U team based 3.5 hours away for the last two years travel ball. Practiced every Sunday for 3+ hours (she was a catcher so she would sometimes work after practice with the pitchers since she called her own pitches). Sometimes I shopped, sometimes I ate, sometimes I just went to a local park and read. As much as I would have loved to stay and watch her practice, I didn't want to be that parent. I did usually show up for the last 15-20 minutes which was batting practice - I helped shag balls that went over the fence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom