What to do after testing positive for COVID-19

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
A close friend had very similar symptoms. For him...the fever symptoms passed in only a couple days. But he had the fatigue that you often hear about. That took a bit longer.

Hoping this is the worst of it for you. Glad you didn’t need to drive! Family is great.

If you haven’t already (and have access to AppleTV)....Ted Lasso is a great binge watch.

Feb 27, 2021
You're new here and calling people out?
I think you're not new. Just a new name.
Remember sticks and stones.. no one cares what you think. I don't and many people couldn't care less what you think. Your opinions are yours and yours alone. Because no one here cares what anyone thinks. Its not just you, but your not important.. your a zero. And guess what? Everyone here is too.
It's not a competition. Were here to talk softball. Add to those conversations, we'd love your point of view about softball! I'd love to know your opinion on softball. Who's your favorite college team? Mine is UCLA. I love Garcia. My DD is the same size and idolizes her. My DD is playing college ball next year. Where is your dd in the process? This political nonesse is boring. The real question is how can we help you, or how can you help us in the process of getting all of our kids better? :)
Ignorance is quite boring as well which can only be ignored so long. I don't have a problem with ruffling feathers of the establishment (if they are being ignorant). They may think they are using the proper "vernacular" based on their comfy bubble of equal minded people. It's quite sad. But I digress. I'd love to continue to see good posts softball related which is why I'm here. When those decide to intentionally show ignorance by their poor choice of terms, it ruins the experience. **This is after noticing a pattern of several ignorant posts by the same person. I'm sure some of them have been removed by Admin.**

I'm a big fan of Rachel Garcia too. I'm an avid supporter of youth sports, particularly encouraging visibility of female athletes. Hoping to see the day that softball gets the attention that it deserves. I know - progress is being made as we speak.

Bottom line -- Remove the noise of ignorant/offensive terminology of any sorts (don't pull the bull of vernacular use/stating geographical "facts") and we are all good. Just because they won't or don't care doesn't mean I can't call them out or state my point. I don't need to keep this going. I'm just responding really. It's quite obvious I'll have a comeback for anything but that's not the point. #dropsmic #saidmypeace

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
My DD tested positive in December and was sick for approximately 2 weeks. Basically bad headaches and fatigue along with a loss of taste and smell. In fact she still has not fully regained her taste and smell nearly 3 months later. Her universities' athletic department required her to follow a specific protocol before returning to official practices. This is something you should probably look into at your school. Her coach and trainers worked out the details. She just recently completed that protocol. Her first official practice was last week. Her school is still two weeks away from actual games, so she shouldn't miss any games. Good luck. I hope you feel better!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Hi, Gabby's sister writing for her. She asked me to update you guys since she didn't sleep well last night and she's asleep, now.

Gabby's mom called Gabby's doctor's office and got her an appointment for later in the morning. Gabby was seen and was given another test for covid. We should know the results in the next few days. In the meantime, she had her vitals checked. Blood pressure was a little elevated. 95% O2 saturation. Her temp was 99.0 which is a little better than what is has been running. She also says she's not as hurt-y this morning. However, she has had two new symptoms pop up. Nausea and what comes out the other end (TMI). She was told to rest, drink a lot of fluids, and was given a prescription for hydroxychloroquine. We did ask about Ivermectin but she didn't really say anything. Mom's getting the hydroxychloroquine while I watch over sis.

We all are thankful for the support your giving my big sister in this time of her being sick. We know she will do her darnedest to make a full and speedy recovery.

Jul 31, 2015
Hi, Gabby's sister writing for her. She asked me to update you guys since she didn't sleep well last night and she's asleep, now.

Gabby's mom called Gabby's doctor's office and got her an appointment for later in the morning. Gabby was seen and was given another test for covid. We should know the results in the next few days. In the meantime, she had her vitals checked. Blood pressure was a little elevated. 95% O2 saturation. Her temp was 99.0 which is a little better than what is has been running. She also says she's not as hurt-y this morning. However, she has had two new symptoms pop up. Nausea and what comes out the other end (TMI). She was told to rest, drink a lot of fluids, and was given a prescription for hydroxychloroquine. We did ask about Ivermectin but she didn't really say anything. Mom's getting the hydroxychloroquine while I watch over sis.

We all are thankful for the support your giving my big sister in this time of her being sick. We know she will do her darnedest to make a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks for the update.

Great vitals, so good news.

Please tell Gabby we are praying for her here on the West Coast.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Thanks for the update.

Great vitals, so good news.

Please tell Gabby we are praying for her here on the West Coast.

I'll definitely tell her. I know she's thinking she's bugging us but she did the same for us when we had covid. I know what she's going through and she won't go down without a fight.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Well, if there is a silver lining, almost last year at this time we were shutting down entire seasons for EVERYBODY because of the chance they could catch it. Now most teams are able to continue playing even when a case does pop up in their ranks.

Nov 8, 2020
You'll feel better kiddo and I'm glad you were able to get home to your supportive family to be properly looked after.
Funny story, when my kid had pandemic, we find the other name for this flu offensive here in Corona because it came from China, not Corona, back in July she slept and napped a lot as well. Before catching the virus she was one of those "cheeseburger plain" type of kids, never adventurous with her food and condiments. Since then she found a new love for hot sauce that even I can't keep up with, the kid puts Cholula or Rooster Sauce on everything.
So sleep well, Miss Gabby, and be ready for some possible taste bud changes once the China virus has left your body.

PS, Door Dash will bring you Wingstop, kid.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802