What size softball for 8u?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2014
So Cal
May have something to do with our girls actually pitching at 8U I imagine?

most if not all of the allstar games in 8u in SoCal are with the 10inch rif-1 ball not the 11 inch ... 6u is same size just a lot squishier

11inch for 8u? My kids would not have been able to throw the thing.. they were tiny at that age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
most if not all of the allstar games in 8u in SoCal are with the 10inch rif-1 ball not the 11 inch ... 6u is same size just a lot squishier

11inch for 8u? My kids would not have been able to throw the thing.. they were tiny at that age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. Not sure why 8U in other areas of country are playing with 11-inch balls. My only guess is that they're in coach pitch, so 11-inch compared to 10 isn't as big of a deal?

Oct 4, 2018
Right. Not sure why 8U in other areas of country are playing with 11-inch balls. My only guess is that they're in coach pitch, so 11-inch compared to 10 isn't as big of a deal?

There's still a lot of throwing, regardless of who pitches. But I do agree that the 11 inch ball seems to big for 8U (In general).

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We play 11" ball in 8u and t-ball.

Never had an issue with them learning to throw with it although we do start with tennis balls and progress up to full softballs.

We actually just use regular softballs - those RIF balls and softer balls tend to bounce up like tennis balls and hit kids in the chest or head.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee