what size of bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I have never replied to Julray. So why include him in your type justanotherguy? This forum is for softball inquiries, so please go troll someone else dude. I know you have to have the last word so get it over with so I can ignore you and move on. That’s my memo.
Just keeping it light here, I am no veteran by no means, but we quite often kid, joke etc with each other. This forum can be more than just softball inquiries. I have no idea what you two are arguing about.. so sorry if I offended anybody

For the record, I like Sleeman Honey Brown.. most people south of the border would not know what that is.

May 30, 2019
Just keeping it light here, I am no veteran by no means, but we quite often kid, joke etc with each other. This forum can be more than just softball inquiries. I have no idea what you two are arguing about.. so sorry if I offended anybody

For the record, I like Sleeman Honey Brown.. most people south of the border would not know what that is.
Thanks for the reply. I just joined the site actually looking for a new players model 2016 Xeno. It was my first browse and I replied on bat size. I could see the posting was older, but I figure people are always browsing with the wondering about the same issues. I joke a lot too and can be rude as well but I usually have a couple back and forths with someone before I joke or insult them as I do with all buddies. No worries, it’s all good.

Apr 28, 2019
:confused:

I coach a 16U team and am "manager" of the organization's 18U team. The girls I have coached in the last few years understand that bigger bats don't mean bigger hits. Some of the new girls this year want to use 34/28 bats and they really can't handle them but they say things like "last year I hit fine with them". Last year they played in what would be '"select ball" and the pitchers probably couldn't get the speed up to 50 and their swings reflect that. I have some time and can hopefully change their swings for the better.

The 18U coach wonders why I would purchase a 33/23 bat for that team. Some of the girls aren't that big (5' 3" to 5' 5") and wouldn't be able to handle a bigger bat IMHO. Last season, for the most part the 16U team used 32/22 and 33/22 or 23 with a few exceptions.

My question is what size bats are most 16U and 18U teams using? I realize that bats are an individual preference, but there must be an "average" size for girls at this age. I seem to recall that most college girls are using 33" bats and some 32"? :D

Any advice relative to how I convince these girls to use lighter and livelier bats? My 15 Y/O uses Demarini CF4 black 32/22 and my 17 Y/O uses an Easton CXN (something like that) 33/23. They both handle the bat well. Some of these girls and their parents don't want to listen - imagine that! :rolleyes:
5’2”-5’’5 usually 32” weight depends on strength of hitter. -8 to -11 with maybe an end loaded option.
5’5”+ 5’9” 33” drop 8-10 with end loaded option
5’9” + possible 34” but she would have to be a beast of a hitter.

Apr 28, 2019
I'm 5'5", I've just turned 18 and have been swinging a 34/24 for a couple of years. I think the best way of finding the right size is to try as many bats as possible. That said, I don't understand why someone would want to swing a heavier bat when the lighter bats can produce just as much pop as their heavier counterparts.
Why do you swing a 34”? At 5’5” you should be swinging a 33”. Generally 5’9” and taller would swing a 34”.
I’m 6’2” and swing a 34” bat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478