What needs attention before college in the Fall....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Any why hasn’t anybody told this DD to learn to TTB
I kind of did with out saying it....
I also pointed out the ABAF FIRST(all back all forward).
8fa7b58c5264c8ee6a392ad06c43bcbad50d2b9e.gifv
Photo%20Jun%2027%2C%208%2016%2057%20AM.gif

DD looks all back all forward. Watch the difference of the hands. Need to change that....
Too funny.....

May 3, 2014
If you can stay hinged you will end up coiling the rear hip when you pick up the lead foot. You don't coil to hinge. You hinge to coil. The amount of coil is style. Rotators lack hinge. Hinging is sagittal. It puts the core/middle in a good position to gas and then brake instead of all gas/rotation. Hinging gives you space. Legs need a corner to go around.

May 12, 2016
Posture while in the stance is only style. This is not important unless the hitter has some ridiculous stance that they cannot recover from. Where the amount of hinge counts is developed on the hitters positive move(while reading and determining pitch location) and established at heel plant.. this will help dictate barrel path, and like BM mentions above creates space on the correct plane that matches pitch location... now the body can support the hands effectively.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2015
South East
If you can stay hinged you will end up coiling the rear hip when you pick up the lead foot. You don't coil to hinge. You hinge to coil. The amount of coil is style. Rotators lack hinge. Hinging is sagittal. It puts the core/middle in a good position to gas and then brake instead of all gas/rotation. Hinging gives you space. Legs need a corner to go around.

Video below is DD from 3 years ago...... She is demonstrating her thought/feel process of getting into her hip correctly. The first demonstration is getting into the Glute and Hamstring the other is getting into the Quad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Thanks guys. Some really good feedback to work on. First tournament back from the lockdown was yesterday. Hit .875 but was lacking some real mashed shots. She may have been throttling back a bit due to not having live action in 4 months. I agree she has some more horsepower in her we can get out.
She is doing so well (y) . Maybe she will see something in these that make sense.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Here's what you said:
For me, her posture is a bit off so she loads her hips late and causes early connection or a steep angle to the ball.Which makes her a bit pushy. Learn how to hinge properly. It should make a difference. I wouldn’t change much else. Think you’re doing a good job.

Do you have any frontal views?
Don't see any mention of ABAF.
Plus bond above I guess you(me) changed your mind.
Anytime I can help you out.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom