What needs attention before college in the Fall....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Photo%20Jun%2027%2C%208%2016%2057%20AM.gif
8fa7b58c5264c8ee6a392ad06c43bcbad50d2b9e.gifv

DD looks all back all forward. Watch the difference of the hands. Need to change that....

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
WW mentioned this before - she is not in a good hitting posture. Hinge into the hips and stay there. Rotate the middle to start the swing from this posture is where you should be spending your time IMO.

good points Butter. This is what I was trying to explain before. Don’t break posture. Stay in the hinge. She is ABAF. I think the rest of the swing will work itself out. She’s got good moves. She’s definitely an athletic kid.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
good points Butter. This is what I was trying to explain before. Don’t break posture. Stay in the hinge. She is ABAF. I think the rest of the swing will work itself out. She’s got good moves. She’s definitely an athletic kid.

Do you believe she ABAF due to the lack of spacing?
So she is basically forced to rotate everything as a single unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Do you believe she ABAF due to the lack of spacing?
So she is basically forced to rotate everything as a single unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she’s ABAF bc of her load. She posts up against the rear leg and loses her hinge. Here’s a guy with an open stance same as the player. Maintains the hinge.

Aug 8, 2010
Thanks guys. Some really good feedback to work on. First tournament back from the lockdown was yesterday. Hit .875 but was lacking some real mashed shots. She may have been throttling back a bit due to not having live action in 4 months. I agree she has some more horsepower in her we can get out.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
If you place your cursor on Bustos' back knee, watch it and the reaction of the back foot on the ground. The knee goes backwards a slight bit in the coil and then the resistance can be seen in the action of that back foot. There are two very subtle movements here. The back hip, during the coil will slightly go toward the dugout during the sit/stride action. The front hip gets "in the way to get out of the way. To see that, concentrate on that front white stripe at the beltline.

The ability to coil in this manner, add the resistance and then the uncoil is key to a hitter being able to adjust the swing. It is also critical to timing. IMO, if you took the time to compare the two swings and then worked on this, this young lady will do very well at the collegiate level. Good luck. (It is easier to see in RD's post above.)

8fa7b58c5264c8ee6a392ad06c43bcbad50d2b9e.gifv

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Thanks guys. Some really good feedback to work on. First tournament back from the lockdown was yesterday. Hit .875 but was lacking some real mashed shots. She may have been throttling back a bit due to not having live action in 4 months. I agree she has some more horsepower in her we can get out.
Nice warm-up (y)

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I think she’s ABAF bc of her load. She posts up against the rear leg and loses her hinge. Here’s a guy with an open stance same as the player. Maintains the hinge.

Does she also post up on the front leg then during the swing? or is that an effect of the incorrect load and fixing the load will fix the 'all forward'?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101