What needs attention before college in the Fall....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2017
The way she is dropping her hands is a big problem. As an opposing coach if I saw that I would call high ball after high ball. She has got to keep her hands connected until she gets to bat lag. This goes back to posture though. She is dropping her hands to get to the lower pitches because her posture is too straight at launch.

On staying connected she needs to understand that dropping the hands makes you weak. Have her choke up on the bat get behind her and grab the knob. Play tug of war with her until she learns to get the knob directly forward by pulling. She will figure out fast that dropping the hands will not work. The tug of war will help with posture too. She will find the right posture will make her stronger.

May 3, 2014
WW mentioned this before - she is not in a good hitting posture. Hinge into the hips and stay there. Rotate the middle to start the swing from this posture is where you should be spending your time IMO.

Aug 20, 2017
For some clarification, when she pulls her front knee back, try feel belt buckle turn inward some toward catcher. Don’t overbake it. Also, when she pulls her front knee back have her stick her butt out some. This will help with her posture. Maybe get a little bend in that back leg to help receive the load. Still not a bad swing at all! Looks like she’s got some pop. She’s got more in her if you fix what others have said

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Noticed the hand placement right away. This hitting coach talks about hands a bit.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Also notice the hand placement if the swing is initiated with the knob down rather than to the catcher. Sounds like she has enjoyed success doing what she is doing. :)

Edit: The sound of the bat hitting that ball made me jump!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2015
South East
She is a rotator......... She doesn’t create any stretch or very little during the stride. She starts to “walk away from the hands” but stops early..... Then she just rotates everything together all at once...... She needs to have some type of resistance to help create stretch.

Photo%20Jun%2027%2C%207%2045%2056%20AM.gif

Photo%20Jun%2027%2C%208%2016%2057%20AM.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015

Performing this drill should help her feel the hip hinge and posture needed. I fully agree with Butter. She attacks from over the ball. Get her to attack from behind the ball.

Some really good replies and advice thus far for the new clip so nothing really to add...other than that's the first time I've watched that Antonelli vid, and was surprised to see him demoing the old "SnF" drill, along with the older Hudgens "4x4" drill. Both will help, and excellent advice. (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812