What needs attention before college in the Fall....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 8, 2010
Not the best angles but what jumps out at ya'll? Good pop for size of 5'6 135lbs. Top exit speed of 72.

Aug 8, 2010
Gotcha. When you typed "met" I thought you meant she had done that. Think you meant "meet" as in thats what she should do. Threw me off. What would you suggest as a drill, swing thought, or adjustment to that end?

Are these a little better angle as far as hitting slightly up and through?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
For me, her posture is a bit off so she loads her hips late and causes early connection or a steep angle to the ball.Which makes her a bit pushy. Learn how to hinge properly. It should make a difference. I wouldn’t change much else. Think you’re doing a good job.

Do you have any frontal views?

Sep 17, 2009
She does a nice job of taking her slow, early tempo workout swing into the real game batter's box. I don't see major bat path issues. I wish her luck heading to college in this environment. If she's looking for something to work on I'd lift and run and lift and run because even if she thinks she's in shape she's not (from a college workout POV) :)

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I like the heel exchange. Front foot seems to stop moving forward and goes into toe touch, heel plant, as the back foot heel starts to lift. I get the feeling that her front foot stops moving forward because the back leg is in control, backside sets the front foot down.

I think she hits the ball deep in relation to her body. Front arm stays across her chest, back arm seems to be at a 90 degree angle.

Where does she hit? Pull field, middle, opposite? Anything that you think she needs to address?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Posture looks pretty good and I like her coil around the back leg. Seems to coil the back hip/leg well. The loading seems to turn into the forward swing, perhaps she could improve that in her swing.

Aug 8, 2010
"Where does she hit? Pull field, middle, opposite? Anything that you think she needs to address?"

She is a low ball hitter, handles everything middle to down in the zone very well. As the ball gets up in the zone she starts to be less successful. Hits mostly dead center to the 5-6 hole. Higher in the zone she hits oppo. Quick hands, handles speed well but can really struggle with a good change. The fact that she struggles with the ball up and also when she swings and misses, almost always she is under the ball makes me wonder if she turns with her back shoulder and hands set too low as a swing habit.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
struggles with the ball up and also when she swings and misses, almost always she is under the ball makes me wonder if she turns with her back shoulder and hands set too low as a swing habit.
Because your DD has a barrel path that is downward and stays downward until after contact. Barrel path needs to be going up through the ball before contact. Hands need to be above the ball in general.....
5e0102a635bdd7cdc10ae00bcbd3c574853ceba6.gifv

Drops hands also......

Aug 8, 2010
What drills or swing thoughts to that end? She has been taught to center the ball up except on high or riseball pitches. Then she aims at the top of the ball, ends up hitting center to bottom. She has never tried to hit the bottom half of the ball really, just center it up and hit it hard. What happens happens. Has this contributed to what you see? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45