What makes you lose your mind?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2020
I'm not a coach, but i hate the encouraging words yelled at struggling pitchers. "just throw strikes" or "you've got this babe" or anything like that when i pitcher is having a tough time finding a groove.

On the flip of that, I hate a pitcher who is throwing into the dirt telling a catcher to "be a wall."

In general, i hate any comments to a player after any kind of bad play. They never really help and only reinforce the negative thing that just happened. Cheer for the upcoming play, but as soon as one is over it needs to be over.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Watching the kiddos be in danger because they have not learned to dive or slide properly. Attached are the 1st of a set of 3 for each disciple. Hope they are useful to you.

Diving Video 1 -
Sliding Video1 -

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
oops forgot to add the 1st of the set of 3 for Diving4Ball Part1 -

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
oops forgot to add the 1st of the set of 3 for Diving4Ball Part1 -

Appreciate your replies.

However, my issue was with forehand and backhand ground balls, whereas the videos are more concerned with sliding and diving for balls.

Thanks.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
I'm not a coach, but i hate the encouraging words yelled at struggling pitchers. "just throw strikes" or "you've got this babe" or anything like that when i pitcher is having a tough time finding a groove.

On the flip of that, I hate a pitcher who is throwing into the dirt telling a catcher to "be a wall."

In general, i hate any comments to a player after any kind of bad play. They never really help and only reinforce the negative thing that just happened. Cheer for the upcoming play, but as soon as one is over it needs to be over.

That incessant team wide chanting that goes on in the younger age groups. It even has filtered it's way up to older age groups at times. Same almost non-sensical stuff each time. I know it's too much to ask them to pay attention (you know like how many outs, why is she tagging up, etc.) but geez they are supposed to be ball players not cheerleaders.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I have not heard anyone mention this yet.

When we are hitting TCB wiffle balls before the game for warmups. It drives me nuts when the girls pick up the balls and shoot them into the bucket like a basketball player. They never make it into the bucket and they have to pick them up again. I know this a minor deal but wasting time in warmups drives me nuts when you are trying to get 13 players ready for the first game.

The other thing that drives me nut is showing up 20 minutes before the first game of the day. We had a player tear her hamstring in the first inning of the first game of the day last fall. After the game, the parent mentioned to the coach that we need to have the girls stretch better in the morning. No shirt, the coach told them if they would have arrived 1 hour before the game like everyone else she would have had time to stretch. The girls are not old enough to drive themselves yet at our level of play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802