What makes you lose your mind?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2018
Ahh the “Did we win” question. I had a girl last year that asked Every. Single. Game. We were not a good team. When we did occasionally win, I was bouncing off the walls of the dugout and people 3 fields over could tell something was happening. No, sweetie, we just lost 17-2, we didn’t win.
Very nice kid, just not a lick of softball talent.

Nov 15, 2019
When DD was in high school, they had a game where they were getting slaughtered. At the end of game one of the outfielders ran back to the dugout doing cartwheels 😮😮

Mar 6, 2018
My number one pet peeve, makes me crazy, and drives me to drink is taking a called third strike.

Swing the damn bat. We're in 10U still, I don't care if you swing a a pitch that is in the dirt or over your head if you're being aggressive, but looking at that third strike and walking off disappointed you struck out drives me crazy.

Corollary, STOP LOOKING FOR WALKS. The best hitters on my team are disappointed when they didn't get a pitch to crush. I'll take a walk, of course, but you should be wanting to hit every time you're at the plate.
my son is the kevin Youkilis of 9u. I told him to stop looking for walks and he gets so damn mad at me. He kills the ball for his age in the cage or during practice. Hits rockets then. Game time he watches a couple wild ones and he's not ready for a strike. I think he got 6 walks this weekend. Even the coaches are telling him to be aggressive and it's getting in his head now.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
When coach daddy's little princess on the team always has to drag a large speaker to warm-ups (pulled in a wagon by daddy) so she can have her C-R-A-P tunes blaring out. Makes it impossible to communicate with anyone during warm-ups.
Similar situation with pre-game at HS games. Why is it always the deaf person in charge of running the sound system?

Sep 19, 2018
Most of the things mentioned here are definitely cause for the ol' double face palm. However, nothing drives me nuts more than my daughter not running hard.

8WsTL2tg.jpg

Feb 18, 2014
A lot of these are cute "still learning" issues. Imagine trying to deal with this at high school.

Case in point, runner on first, DD up to bat. She lays down a beautiful bunt, except that it was a full on swing that somehow bent space and time to cause it to drop and die two feet from the plate. She knows she's in trouble, but she's fast, so she tears off to first and gets there fast enough that the catcher gets to the ball, can't get the out, and holds it. DD comes back to the bag and high fives the 1st base coach.
And the catcher hold the ball for a second or two and then throws the ball to second for a force out. The other runner never made it to second. The runner so used to being micromanaged by her coachs didn't know what to do and stopped half way between bases before heading back to first then deciding to go to second and hesitating. She was out by a good 5 feet on the throw to second.

I had to go back to the video because in the moment no one could figure out what had happened.

And we call it a SWUNT, a full swing that lays it down like a bunt.

Or on a home run the runner is called out at third. Again had to go to the video. Coach stepped in the basepath and hugged the runner. Out.

How about patterns in pitch calling, two strikes means a change up. Even changed signs during a game convinced the coach had cracked their signs, nope he read the pattern and made it easy. Again I have a video of a girl with the most god awful swing, who wasn't even in the same timezone as the first two pitches reaching across the plate and dinking a changeup into centerfield and scoring the winning runs.

Six years running, no better than second to last in the region.

Anyone want to see a single turn into an inside the park home run.......? You guessed it, I have video.

Jun 8, 2016
Or on a home run the runner is called out at third. Again had to go to the video. Coach stepped in the basepath and hugged the runner. Out.
The umps here would know better obviously but I don't think this is breaking any rules unless the runner was carried home on his back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog