What makes you lose your mind?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Definition of Discipline: When you overcome the urge to stand up and scream “Who the HELL called that pitch?” but instead you smile encouragingly and clap politely. The real pros can even utter a quiet “gosh that looked like it hurt” to the parent next to them.
Sorry Ww, I don't have that encyclopedia! But when she hits one at the wrong time, she better hit her hard!

Dec 11, 2010
Of yeah, don't know what I'm thinking.........probably my #1 is hand delivering a fat pitch and giving up a hit with a 0-2 count! :mad: :mad:
My mouth says “Way to attack the zone”

My brain screams ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?

The voices in my head really have potty mouths.

May 20, 2016
Thing that bothers me the most is when your team is batting and 4-6 girls are just chatting it up and not paying attention to the pitcher or cheering for the batter. Then they wonder why they strike out when they get to the plate.

Any parent that say "my kid shouldn't be bunting, they're a great hitter". It really means "my kid puts in no effort on learning how to bunt".

Jan 8, 2019
Like heman, we're rec ball, so some of the "fails" above are our day-to-day business.

Almost all of them are a subset of lack of effort, but...

Pet peeve #1 - Players dancing in the OF, and the LL boys are worse than the girls. Two yrs ago, had all 3 OFs flossing in synch, led by the CF, that's my boy! Oh, and complete with SPIN moves! A close second is when any fielder is standing cross legged when the pitcher is in the wind up.

#2 - Looking at three straight strikes and being disappointed that they struck out.

#3 - Running straight into the ball for an out when there is no force on t hem.

#4 - Running literally more than half way down the baseline, makes a COMPLETE stop, looks for ball, and then goes the direction closest to the ball (see #3).

#5 - Practices at 1/4 speed, then surprised/bummed that game performance is lacking.

#6 (prob should be #1) - When I am the one causing any of the stupid mistakes.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Runners in scoring position, down by one, final inning. One of the team's supposedly better hitters looks at strike three right down the middle. Oh yeah, lack of focus and effort, and worst of all, the bad attitude.

Jun 8, 2016
Outside of lack effort, I watch mostly 12U ball so tbh I typically get more annoyed with coaches just doing dumb stuff since a lot of the annoying things the kids do can be explained away with lack of game experience. Coaches bunting runners over or stealing bases down by a bunch of runs, running into outs at 3rd base with no or 2 outs, not bringing the IF in with a girl on 3rd and a close game, etc,etc. It isn't just my kid's coach either...I see boneheaded coaching in 3/4 of the teams they play against. I think some of the coaches are stuck in 8U where just drawing a throw is enough most of the time....These are the times where I am glad I sit where I do...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802