What is your current Situation?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is your current situation?

• Total voters
Aug 13, 2018
Older daughter 2nd year 10U, younger 1st year 8U. Coaching both (head coach of the 8U team and helping out with the 10U whenever I can.)

You have to have some of us "new guys" around to soak up all the knowledge you all have!

Jun 8, 2016
DD turned 10 in September and is currently playing 12U with a team who could probably be classified as A locally but nationally would be a B team.

Jul 14, 2018
DD is a first-year 14U pitcher, who plays travel and middle school. I coached her rec teams through 12U and assumed I was done. Now there are some parents trying to keep the girls playing some local scrimmages to fill the time between the 12-game MS season and when TB starts up around Memorial Day, so I may be pressed into service again :)

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
DD1 is a RHP/OF that is playing on a first year 14U travel team. Played LL softball for 5 years through this spring (now aged out) and travel softball on the local/regional level since 10U. She is serious and committed and has the goal of playing in HS and college at some level.

DD2 is a 12U that has two more seasons of LL softball left. We had one false start playing travel when she was 9 (newly formed 10U team). Of course, she is the more athletic of the two and could play any position on the field, but has no interest in committing much of her free time to softball. Typically plays middle infield. I occasionally ask her about maybe getting back into travel softball when she is done with LL and it is a hard no every time.😭 I am hoping I can at least get her to play in HS. She could potentially play alongside her sister for two years, which would be super cool.

DS will play Majors LL this coming spring, his last year of eligibility despite being only 11 (June Bday). It's a bummer. Like his twin sister (DD2), rec ball is enough for him and he has no interest in travel or putting in a bunch of additional work on the side to become a better hitter/fielder.

When my kids are out of HS, I am thinking about coming back to volunteer coach softball in the LL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802