What is good examples of exercises catchers can do at home to keep leg muscles strong

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2018
She’s been doing steps (more for cardio) and wall sits. Anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

As to not repeat same response on drills,
Take a look at other thread
"3 best drills."
Real good leg work with mechanics recently posted.

People will probably post more!
Enjoy

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
Illinois
Squats imo are the best leg exercise you can do to build the muscles in the legs, and glutes. Many variations in how you can do them.

Bodyweight squats
Jump squats
Squats with a medicine ball
Squats with dumbells
Regular squat with an Olympic bar if she is that advanced. Highly suggest having a squat rack for that if she can squat more than the bar weighs.
Squats with a trap bar

My second suggestion would be a walking lunge with or without weights depending on her level of fitness.

Bodyweight exercises in general.

The guy in the above video has a lot of youtube videos about working out. Watch some of his stuff and you will get plenty of ideas.

Aug 20, 2017

My team does a workout called Super 7. I stole it from the guy that does 90MPH club (Paul reddick I think) but it’s a great lower body workout. Basically 30 seconds of reps followed by 30 seconds of rest. Its 7 squat exercises that starts off low intensity and builds. They will be toast towards the end. Make sure they squeeze butt checks at the top of the basic squats ;)
You can modify this, which I have done over the years. Just start with low intensity and end high intensity.
1.) Ski squats
2.) Prisoner squats
3.) Drop squats
4.) Wrestler squats
5.) Jump squats
6.) Side jump squats
7.) Burpee Jump Squats
Modify by adding different lunges, add various planks, add various squats. Only takes about 10 minutes but it works. If you have a question about how to perform any of these let me know.

Jun 8, 2016
Bulgarian squats using a chair/couch. Buy some short bands if you want to make it really hard

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Here screen shot side hops.
Develop strength, mechanics and explosive bursting.

Screenshot_2020-03-28-06-01-20.png

Last edited:
I used to make my Oldest DD do what I called the crab walk. yes we did the other regular work outs. I told her that she had to keep butt down head up and we did an 8ft box around home plate. We would do it around every 10th pitch in her catching practice. She got really quick behind the plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802