What is appropriate for a parent to discuss with a head coach?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
seriously, it depends on age. and what kind of dicsussions were had prior to joining or staying with team.

if coach promised or indicated development of players was key, but DD is languishing on bench, I want to know why, so we can work to change those things. if coach indicated that players were going to move around, but the top 6 or 7 are set in their positions, and the 5 or 6 other girls are rotating RF, LF, and bench, this is not moving everybody around.

again, never at/before/after practice/game. might be hard to do face to face, but definitely not those times.

Jun 29, 2013
Anything about the schedule is fair game. Anything about recommendations for lessons or skill development outside of practice is generally ok. Beyond that, I'd stay away from questions unless they involve something outside of softball.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I guess it depends on your relationship with the coach. DD's HS coach calls me fairly regularly for my opinions on lineups, players, and just to vent about issues with the team. I've also known him since my DD was 10, and he knows he can trust me to keep my mouth shut on sensitive issues.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I guess it depends on your relationship with the coach. DD's HS coach calls me fairly regularly for my opinions on lineups, players, and just to vent about issues with the team. I've also known him since my DD was 10, and he knows he can trust me to keep my mouth shut on sensitive issues.

I'm sure her 18u select coach and college coach will be having you make the line up as well. You are a wealth of knowledge for only knowing the game a few years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802