What does your HS provide?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
Not sure if its worth an entirely separate topic or not but what does it cost to play HS ball where you are? Probably a direct correlation to what you receive.

The team raised $700 in the fall which covered their personalized warm up jackets. Other then that we don't pay anything at DDs public school. Almost everything is supplied, except for cleats.

At my oldest DDs private school, I think we paid around $100 each sport, plus had to fundraise $100 each. The only thing the school supplied was 2 jerseys.

Jan 28, 2017
That's insane! How did you raise 20k?

Signs on the outfield fence, sponsorship deal (pay to represent a day of the month), and team sales hoodies, hats, shorts, t-shirts, and more.

DD varsity team is currently 10-3. Lost first game of the year 14-4 and second game 5-2. Played the first team last week and lost 2-1. They probably haven't lost 3 games since they started playing at 8 years old. They have all kinds of support from the community.

Nov 15, 2019
Signs on the outfield fence, sponsorship deal (pay to represent a day of the month), and team sales hoodies, hats, shorts, t-shirts, and more.

DD varsity team is currently 10-3. Lost first game of the year 14-4 and second game 5-2. Played the first team last week and lost 2-1. They probably haven't lost 3 games since they started playing at 8 years old. They have all kinds of support from the community.

That's awesome that they have such great community support!

Feb 7, 2014
For those of you that have to 'cough up' the pay-to-play fee what does the school tell the poor kids - tough ?

May 6, 2015
Unfortunately required to use schools catchers gear.
this would be a no go for DD and I . fit of gear is essential, and honestly helmet is very personal item to her. do not want anyone adjustting straps, etc. which is why, and it may seem snobbish, she does not let anyone else wear her gear. and colors are nuetral (all white/gray/silver), so color is not an issue.

Jul 9, 2019
this would be a no go for DD and I . fit of gear is essential, and honestly helmet is very personal item to her. do not want anyone adjustting straps, etc. which is why, and it may seem snobbish, she does not let anyone else wear her gear. and colors are nuetral (all white/gray/silver), so color is not an issue.
I agree bmakj. My DD isn't yet in HS ball, but when she does, I doubt very highly she'll want to use school catchers gear. I'm not sure what her high school requires/doesn't require, but catchers gear comfort is as essential as cleats in my opinion.

I'll take it a step further, she has a second pair of leg guards that she won't wear in a game (only practiced in them to get them broken in a bit) until her current pair finally breaks. She says they're too comfortable to switch right now. I inspect them occasionally to make sure they are still fine, but they are close to giving out in one wear spot. You cannot get that level of comfort in something that is passed around and the straps get adjusted often, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee