What does your HS provide?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
My oldest graduated two years ago from a private high school and all they provided were the jerseys. Each girl had to supply her own pants, socks, bat bag, etc. I had assumed it would be the same for my youngest who is a freshman at a public high school. Wrong. She came home loaded up. Brand new huge bat bag, new helmet, new pants and jerseys, windbreaker (I'm assuming that she returns all those) and then a personalized warm up jacket, t-shirt, and socks that she keeps.
What does your high school provide?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
So you asked what the school provides, but everything here was my decision and nobody's ever told me no (and now there's nobody other than the principal to tell me no on these things).

Provided, but must be returned at end of the season: Jersey, Belt, Pants.
Provided, doesn't have to be returned: Compression top (it dip into the 30s during some mid-March games in normal years), sliding shorts, one pair of socks per year.

Items that can be earned and kept: Visor, batting gloves, team t-shirt that is only available to HS players, headband, drawstring backpack, sweatpants. We'll add more next year.

We created an incentive program involving little logo stickers. Above and beyond performance earns players a sticker. Reach a certain sticker threshold and you get one of those items. "Above and beyond" can be a great play in a game, an excellent practice, winning an end-of-practice competition, etc. It's typically decided by coaches, though there have been times where a player did something and other players said she deserves a sticker for it.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
DD’s HS provides:

(To be returned): Jersey, Windbreaker, Pants, Belt, Backpack, Helmet

(To be kept): Socks, play call wristband, Mask/Gaitor

Players provide: Bats, Cleats, long sleeve shirts for days under 60.

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
HS provides: 2 jerseys, 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of socks (socks don’t need to be returned), playcall wristband.

Player provides their own cleats and equipment.

Oct 10, 2018
1 Jersey - that has to be returned at the end of the season. We have a pretty big sports booster organization but not sure how much gets to softball. Baseball players seem to be loaded up with equipment but I think the baseball parents do some fundraising. The softball parents are quiet as church mice at our school - well the middle school anyway, this is going to be her first season of HS ball.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
DD"s high school provided 2 complete uniforms; jerseys, pants, belts, and socks. School also had 5 batting helmets for the players to share, as well as a few team bats. They also had one set of catcher's gear for the team, but our catcher also had her own.

Bat bags were available, but had to be purchased by the players. This was optional. DD wore her travel ball helmet and used her travel ball bag. She used all of her own equipment.

I donated a catcher's mitt and a couple of DD"s used bats for the team to use.

Apr 1, 2017
Jersey, pants, helmet provided, to be returned.
Socks and belt bought by player and kept (no need to buy if returning player and still in good shape from prior season).
Option to buy backpack. My pitcher daughter bought a backpack to have school one. Catcher daughter used her own bag, but we bought a black/grey one so it works with any team colors.

Jul 12, 2017
MI
School provided, to be returned: 2 Jerseys, 2 pants, helmet, backpack, windbreaker
School provided, player to keep: socks, belt
Player provided: cleats, bat, warm weather clothing for under jerseys (Michigan spring), yard sign with name and number!

This is her first season of school ball and I was surprised at the amount of gear provided as OP was.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
They provided everything. One year the coach says, hey look what I got you! She purchased catcher's gear that was the beginner base model. The leg guards provided no cushion or protection for the knees. I purchased a pair of All-Star leg guards and donated them to the program. I saw the JV catcher wearing them the other night.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802