What do you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
At toe touch, his hands are deeper than most....about over his rear foot. Longer swing and less adjustability to off speed usually results in more K and rollover grounders.

Every good hitter has the hands above the rear foot at toe touch (launch). Or at least most good hitters are in that position.

His hands might be a little farther away from the back shoulder, but I think the are well within the frame work of being over the back foot and slightly back. Not all hitters have the hands at the back shoulder or close to the back shoulder, or even slightly in-front of the back shoulder.

Jul 29, 2013
giphy.gif

This swing resulted in a 478 ft (I'm not 100% sure if that is correct, it was a bomb though) HR. Do you see anything from this swing that might create a .236 career hitter?
Shawn, on this swing he hits the ball 478 ft. There's probably very little wrong with this swing that would cause ground balls or a 236 avg.
Maybe post a swing that resulted in a gb so we could compare. This is nit picking a monster swing to find a defect when, result wise, it could be held up as a model swing.
As a nit, he lands really violently/awkwardly on his front leg and that could cause head movements.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, on this swing he hits the ball 478 ft. There's probably very little wrong with this swing that would cause ground balls or a 236 avg.
Maybe post a swing that resulted in a gb so we could compare. This is nit picking a monster swing to find a defect when, result wise, it could be held up as a model swing.
As a nit, he lands really violently/awkwardly on his front leg and that could cause head movements.

Yes I considered the fact that the swing would be very good to hit it 478ft. I think several people embraced this fact and gave their view on his swing/approach.

Sep 10, 2019
Ahhh...perhaps he’s part of a trend I’ve been reading about; HRs, strike outs, or get’s hit, and has very few hits.. It‘s interesting because he doesn’t wear as much protection as do the players who plan for getting hit. I can’t see if he’s crowding the plate from this angle, but hey, pros have their own way - I like the mechanics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802