What do you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So your saying he is passing through the leverage position, back heel lifts to soon? I do believe is creating leverage off/through the back foot keeping the heel/foot down as long as possible.

Shawn, he has a lot of moving parts changing directions without being leveraged including the front side of the body (including front leg) The whip should occur after becoming leveraged.. He needs to rush his barrel rite through leverage since he's late getting into position.. This works fine for one pitch but making adjustments for location and speed makes it difficult at best.

Compared to being leveraged.

VRagpOW.gif

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
But why? He looks good to me until his front foot comes down and his head goes (jerks) back. Maybe thats why he is hitting sooooo many GBs. I just know most great hitters have quiet eyes.
If I knew how to fix it I'd be getting paid to be an MLB hitting coach and not commenting on a softball message board.

Oct 16, 2008
SE Michigan
At toe touch, his hands are deeper than most....about over his rear foot. Longer swing and less adjustability to off speed usually results in more K and rollover grounders.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So is it a timing thing or do you think he is riding the rear leg too much..(sorry had to ask ;))?
Its both. ;) The rear leg has to much control of the sequence. Notice the bat speed he's creating behind him (rushed) before any direction is established.

J8rcojh.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Notice the bat speed he's creating behind him before any direction is established.
giphy.gif

Direction is/was 'established' when the hitter decided to swing. If not the hitter wouldn't have even swung or would have aborted the swing before he committed.

Oct 2, 2017
giphy.gif

Direction is/was 'established' when the hitter decided to swing. If not the hitter wouldn't have even swung or would have aborted the swing before he committed.

Agree. Read the pitch and decided to swing with both direction and intent,

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not if launch is middle out...

Launch would happen after the core was leveraged. Jackie was late with that portion. So he compensated.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad