What do you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

This swing resulted in a 478 ft (I'm not 100% sure if that is correct, it was a bomb though) HR. Do you see anything from this swing that might create a .236 career hitter?

Jun 8, 2016
giphy.gif

This swing resulted in a 478 ft (I'm not 100% sure if that is correct, it was a bomb though) HR. Do you see anything from this swing that might create a .236 career hitter?
Yeah he never goes the opposite way. His numbers have plummeted (from ok for a good fielding CF to not good enough to justify his PT) since the current use of the shift was implemented on him.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
His swing is almost too violent. His head moves around too much. His head is not still after toe touch. His head goes backwards and down so his eyes are moving around. Josh talks about effortless power. This is not that.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal

put your cursor on JD head at front foot down. His head is so still. Now do that on Bradley gif. His head moves probably 6 to 8 inches violently.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
giphy.gif

Well the fact that he has ~50% GB rate on balls in play and strikes out in roughly 29% of his ABs might have something to do with it.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Well the fact that he has ~50% GB rate on balls in play and strikes out in roughly 29% of his ABs might have something to do with it.
But why? He looks good to me until his front foot comes down and his head goes (jerks) back. Maybe thats why he is hitting sooooo many GBs. I just know most great hitters have quiet eyes.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
giphy.gif

He never gets into a leveraged hitting position.. He passes rite through it (rushed).. He has some big movements that he can't control since the pitcher appears to beat him to the position.

J8rcojh.gif

sFIPqT2.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
His swing is almost too violent. His head moves around too much. His head is not still after toe touch. His head goes backwards and down so his eyes are moving around. Josh talks about effortless power. This is not that.

He is part of the current sluggers, hitting .220 with 20 to 40 hr's. I hate this trend.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
He never gets into a leveraged hitting position.. He passes rite through it (rushed).. He has some big movements that he can't control since the pitcher appears to beat him to the position.

J8rcojh.gif

sFIPqT2.gif

So your saying he is passing through the leverage position, back heel lifts to soon? I do believe is creating leverage off/through the back foot keeping the heel/foot down as long as possible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478