What do you make of this comment from a coach?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I just feel like maybe we didn't do enough last year when she was a sophomore to get her more exposure to more schools. I wish I could do it over and get her more exposure so that more coaches came to watch her last summer if that makes sense. :)
Look at it this way. It's not over. It's just starting to heat up. Keep stirring the pot and work your list of schools. I would put that school on the back burner and begin to focus on some other schools. But keep communicating with the first school until you hear a no. Get your team recruiting coordinator to reach out. Remember the more NO's you get the closer you are to finding the best fit!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I just feel like maybe we didn't do enough last year when she was a sophomore to get her more exposure to more schools. I wish I could do it over and get her more exposure so that more coaches came to watch her last summer if that makes sense. :)
You ever tell your dd “forget that last pitch, the next one is more important now” or “forget that last at bat”?

Well forget last year. It’s done, what happens now and next is all that matters.

Jul 22, 2015
I see where you're coming from but you might be sure to look at the recruiting myths thread. I coach an 18u team (1st time last year) and was shocked how many seniors haven't even really been in the recruiting process but ended up signing.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
As the parent of a current sophomore, coaches are looking (especially at pitchers), but cursorily, it seems. 2021s are getting the most attention at camps. We've been working it this year, but it's impossible to know whether our efforts and $$$ have been worth it since we can't get recruiting feedback. Which is equally frustrating. Lots of time and $$ spent this year; hope it will have been worth our time and effort.

Aug 7, 2018
I see where you're coming from but you might be sure to look at the recruiting myths thread. I coach an 18u team (1st time last year) and was shocked how many seniors haven't even really been in the recruiting process but ended up signing.
That's a good point. I have to tell myself that. I think this summer will be really important. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802