What do I Mean

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2012
Ok so he is saying the young lady in the yellow shirt is an example of proper IR? Not late. he makes mention of posture and it doesn't look like this young lady has very good posture. That's why I was confused.

Thanks! This is what I was thinking the meaning of late was.

HAHA.. i have to say something about her posture in that one.(my dd) :) young lady in the yellow ). I think her release was the main point BM was making in using that clip. my dd also noticed that her posture wasnt the best in that clip..

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
HAHA.. i have to say something about her posture in that one.(my dd) :) young lady in the yellow ). I think her release was the main point BM was making in using that clip. my dd also noticed that her posture wasnt the best in that clip..

That's what I thought also. She looks awesome! Looks powerful and strong!

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
The girl in the white is leaning toward the catcher on release. The girl in the yellow has better posture for IR being that she doesn't lean forward. The girl in the yellow does go right then pushes off left to get open and finishes off balance to the right. To me a lessor issue than the forward lean of the girl in the white.

Thanks! That's intersting

Jul 14, 2008
This is for Boardmember.
During the moment of the "throw", back of drive leg to front of drive leg, what or how does the thumb move in order to assist or not hinder getting the ball to roll off the ends of the fingers?

Jul 14, 2008
I didn't see this post until it was PM'd to me so I'll share my answer:

"the thumb stays on top, and comes off the ball working to stay just behind the tip of the index finger during and after the release ........."

Jul 14, 2008
I didn't see this post until it was PM'd to me so I'll share my answer:

"the thumb stays on top, and comes off the ball working to stay just behind the tip of the index finger during and after the release ........."

Great - I wanted to make sure I could relate it to a picture I have of Moore.

Attachments

• DSC_9.jpg
    DSC_9.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 451
Jul 14, 2008

Guess I nailed that one eh!

5007d1387471517-what-do-i-mean-dsc_9.jpg

I'll take softball pitching for 1000 Alex..........

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I wish someone could change this clip such that the three contestants are BM, OILF, Hal, and change the lyric to suit the history of discussions between those three.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12