What coach or organization are you thankful for?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
Teaching a player the game and getting the most out of her are important, obviously. But now that my DD is finished, it doesn't matter whether she knows the game or reached her potential. If she had wanted to know the game better and reach her potential, she would've figured that out on her own. And while softball does have the great potential to teach life's lessons, so do many other things. So the biggest thing that matters to her now is whether a coach cared about her as a person and not just a player. That determines whether she looks back on a coach fondly or harshly.
Sounds like emotions.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Sounds like emotions.

I guess so. I don't think this is necessarily the most important thing to most players. Can't answer that. Ideally, a coach is good at all those things - teaching the game, getting the most out of players and caring about them. But the player's personal goals and needs in softball probably dictate how much they're willing to sacrifice one to have the other if they can't have it all.

Sep 3, 2020
We are especially grateful for DM who is my DD’s fielding and hitting coach.

We have had some truly awful team coaches (daddy/mommy ball coaches) but DM has been a shining star. He has always believed in her and is always encouraging her.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28