What benefits are allowed by NCAA?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Are there any regulations concerning players being granted "scholarships", equipment, uniforms, expenses, etc., when playing TB? Or any ball for that matter?

No agenda here, just have been curious from time to time when I hear about some players struggling to pay fees while others don't pay anything.

Jul 26, 2010
Nope. You know those 3 kids that sit the bench most of the time? They're usually funding three infielders that play for free.

-W

Jun 1, 2013
Nope. You know those 3 kids that sit the bench most of the time? They're usually funding three infielders that play for free.

-W

Had to laught at that 1, so true. One other thing that happens in the organizations is the funds the younger team earns gets used by the older ones.

Oct 19, 2009

-W

I do wonder Starsnuffer have you always been the same person with this username? For the longest time until recently I always thought you were a woman. Of late your posts have been quite different. Not saying that's a bad thing.

Jun 29, 2013
Assuming its like men's basketball or football there are rules, depending on who is coaching, who is funding, etc. If the TB coach is a booster, there could be a big problem if the player gets free play when everyone else is paying. If not? probably no issue, unless she is cashing in on her "fame." Then again, softball players aren't making money for the NCAA unlike Johnny Manziel (sorry Aggie fans), so she would face some ridiculous inquiry.

Dec 20, 2012
So, theoretically, a team could buy a player a car to join? There are no limits?

When you go to register your dd for the NCAA Clearinghouse they will address this issue. From my best understanding is that as long as the benefits are offered to all the players it is no problem. You can't by the star a car and not the rest.. lol But as long as the uniforms, travel expenses, equipment are for the team and not just certain players there is no violation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2