What are Open Workouts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2022
This might sound a little silly but I'm still not quite caught up on all the softball terminology. I joined an online group for travel teams and I've seen some posts about 'open workouts'. They often include that they want new teammates and what positions are needed. Are open workouts another way of saying they're tryouts but less strict? I just want to make sure, kind of a stupid question but yk

Feb 24, 2022
The girls are having practice and you can come join. vs We are going to have a try out and none of our girls will be doing drills

This. It's a little less stressful than a standard evaluation tryout and the girls who show up get to socialize and be around the current team to see if they get along. But yes, it's essentially a tryout. If the coach likes what they see they would invite you back to guest or formally offer you a spot on the team.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019
Do not be afraid to attend open workouts especially if you are trying to improve your game. Go learn something from them, even if you do not make the team make a connection with them and see if you can continue to practice with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802