What age to start throwing from knees?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
Ok I can see how you would read it that way but he was probably talking about gaining
ground vs taking 4 steps before throwing ( I mean don't I have ever seen anybody do that and I have watched plenty of 10U and 12U softball the last few years)..I doubt he was advocating for that but he can correct me if
I am wrong.
Advocate gaining ground is one thing bmakj directly commented about series of steps the chance for 625error to clarify came and passed.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
This was from a team practice session a little while back (not full speed work, just starting to shake off some rust with her new team). Her head is much quieter. Field work vs. cage work.

Maddie is awesome. Looks like there's a new game coming to town this year LOL.

May 23, 2015

Advocate gaining ground is one thing bmakj directly commented about series of steps the chance for 625error to clarify came and passed.
Gaining ground is a common term when training carchers. I started training catchers at high levels in 1990. If you don't understand the term or process you have zero business coaching. It doesn't need clarification. If its not understood continue googling your coaching experience...

Mar 10, 2020
Gaining ground is a common term when training carchers. I started training catchers at high levels in 1990. If you don't understand the term or process you have zero business coaching. It doesn't need clarification. If its not understood continue googling your coaching experience...
Gaining ground yes.
Taking 2-4 steps no.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
At what level are you referring to? In your opinion what makes a person have a quicker release? Talent being equal

I'm speaking of 2nd yr 14u all the way to P5 D1 freshman starters from the best teams in our org. Some catchers short arm it a little more than others, to get the ball out faster. Some "wind up" a little more to get that extra velo. All are able to throw absolute gas, there are no soft throws in the above but there is a velo difference. Also, what is interesting is that the #1 and #2 catchers for our org are both lefties.

The point being, each catcher will bring an individual identity to their play. The bottom line is get the ball to 2nd the fastest.

The catchers that I'm referring to from seeing them in practices:
OU, Oregon, Washington current catchers
OU, Clemson, Florida commits

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812