What actually do you call the style that Coach Lisle teaches and why do a lot of softball coaches hate it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think any of the more popular instructors have “named” their swing. On DFP, that type of swing is usually called elite, or high level, or just “a good swing”.

I’m more curious about your other statement - how much have you heard from other coaches, and what in particular don’t they like or agree with?

Jun 27, 2018
Ok I didn’t know how to better describe that particular style. My daughter’s hitting instructor teaches her the same type of swing. He started this particular style with her over last winter. I didn’t realize it was the same style until I started watching some of Lisle’s videos. It just seems I know of two coaches that hate that “launch angle stuff.” One did actually call it that.

Nov 18, 2015
It’s as bad as politics now. Opponents know they can’t call it an “uppercut swing” b/c that’s easily refuted, so they re-purpose a common term, shake their heads slowly, and imply that launch angle is now A Bad Thing.

A new indoor cage opened by me, and I know at least one travel coach for an older team (who is otherwise a fairly well-respected coach) used the same phrase as a reason to justify not using their instructors.

Here’s your fastpitch fact of the day: The only swing that results in no launch angle is a swing and miss.

Oct 2, 2017
It’s as bad as politics now. Opponents know they can’t call it an “uppercut swing” b/c that’s easily refuted, so they re-purpose a common term, shake their heads slowly, and imply that launch angle is now A Bad Thing.

A new indoor cage opened by me, and I know at least one travel coach for an older team (who is otherwise a fairly well-respected coach) used the same phrase as a reason to justify not using their instructors.

Here’s your fastpitch fact of the day: The only swing that results in no launch angle is a swing and miss.

I had the same reaction yesterday when me and another guy were talking hitting on another subject than launch angle. He said do you do knob to the ball drills with your DD. I said no, I don't believe in a knob to the ball approach, but a barrel to the ball approach. He shook his head slowly, like I was some misinformed idiot. "Well", he said in a sarcastic tone, "my sons hitting coach teaches knob to the ball." 😆

Jun 27, 2018
I was just surprised because both my DD’s most recent coaches hate it. One actually called her swing a “preschool swing” despite her hitting .600 and slugging .800 over last Fall. Then she tanked over the winter. He got in her head so bad it took a few months to get her back right. Her current coach hates it too but he told her he’s going to leave her alone. Thankfully she seems right again. Fingers crossed.

Aug 2, 2019
I was just surprised because both my DD’s most recent coaches hate it. One actually called her swing a “preschool swing” despite her hitting .600 and slugging .800 over last Fall. Then she tanked over the winter. He got in her head so bad it took a few months to get her back right. Her current coach hates it too but he told her he’s going to leave her alone. Thankfully she seems right again. Fingers crossed.
Question. Why do you continue to go to a coach that has a different philosophy than the one you believe in, and your DD has success with? They are not going to be able to reinforce the proper mechanics, and if your DD starts struggling will not be able to correct her to get her back to that successful swing.

Edit: You must mean team coach. I thought you meant you were taking her to a hitting coach that didn't like her swing, but wasn't going to change it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802