What a difference a year makes. Thanks DFP

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
d3dcbf0885d18d0d7ba5d30bf58756ed.jpg

521b10a619d4940a235448092816b34d.jpg

After a lot of hard work and tons of reading and asking questions on this site you can see a dramatic change in my DD form/mechanics. Just wanted to thank you all for your help.
Onward and upward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2015
You've made great progress. I'm working on getting my 2009 DD to stop leaping. Any advice on drills or cues that helped your daughter?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2018
You've made great progress. I'm working on getting my 2009 DD to stop leaping. Any advice on drills or cues that helped your daughter?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That took forever. Honestly the biggest impact on that was getting her to stop opening to 90 degrees. Ie HE style. I just told her to face the catcher when she pitches. Her stride and arm circle now creates enough opening. We did do a lot of stride drills. With and without a ball with the sole purpose of dragging the toe laces down. As you can see she is not laces down but as she throws she is.
One other point we worked on was to stride straight out. Not up and out. Counter intuitive. But she was a dancer and striding up and out became a leap. Which you see in the before pic. Hope that helps. It was a long , exhausting process. We just last week “Found the whip”. Now I have to be honest. In All her drills from lock it in to 9 o’clock and slingshots etc she had the whip. She just couldn’t get the timing right in her full whined up. Blowing right thru IR. drive me nuts. Last night pitched a gem. Full control. Great movement and speed. 6 innings 2 walks. Against high school kids (she is 8th) It was a nice step forward.

Sep 22, 2015
Congratulations on a great game last night. Six innings with only 2 walks is a solid night in the circle! For the leaping, we're on a similar path to recovery. I just re-watched the 2-step drill video and at 7:55 Mike mentions getting the stride knee out as fast as possible. This will be the main cue for pitching practice tonight. Keep up the good work!

Nov 8, 2018
Congratulations on a great game last night. Six innings with only 2 walks is a solid night in the circle! For the leaping, we're on a similar path to recovery. I just re-watched the 2-step drill video and at 7:55 Mike mentions getting the stride knee out as fast as possible. This will be the main cue for pitching practice tonight. Keep up the good work!

Yeah great drill. His stand tall and fall drill is great for timing as well. One of the best. Wished he wasn’t so busy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812