Went to the UCLA vs. Long Beach game today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
Also, keep in mind that hitting off a tee does not equal hitting a moving ball. A barrel may compress more once a moving ball is adding more kinetic energy to the barrel. I can offer my unbiased opinion that the ghost has more pop than other bats on the market. My DD does not use any fastpitch bat on the market so I have zero reason to care. I've just seen it multiple times this season where a player picks up her ghost and immediately has more pop on the same types of hits. We're not talking about suddenly turning a 250 batter into a 500. Simply more pop.

Now, when it comes to what the OP posted, does it make a difference? UCLA would have still smacked around that team regardless. They probably would have with wood bats. Doesn't change the fact that the ghost most certainly has more pop than most other bats.

Mar 1, 2016
Also, keep in mind that hitting off a tee does not equal hitting a moving ball. A barrel may compress more once a moving ball is adding more kinetic energy to the barrel.

Completely agree. That was just a simple test I was using to prove to her that her Xeno wasn’t dead. It worked.

Now, when it comes to what the OP posted, does it make a difference? UCLA would have still smacked around that team regardless. They probably would have with wood bats. Doesn't change the fact that the ghost most certainly has more pop than most other bats.

Also, completely agree. Would not have bought a Ghost, nor would DD be using it, otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
Have you swung a Ghost bat yet? I have. In my first swing with a Ghost I was shocked with the flex ... and took advantage of it on subsequent swings. This bat stands out IMO.

Yep! They are good. DD #2 has been swinging them since June or July of ‘16. That summer and fall, college coaches would walk over to see “what is that grey bat”.

But..... in the post above, Would it matter if UCLA was swinging LXT’s against what was obviously a pitching mismatch? That was the point I was making.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Yep! They are good. DD #2 has been swinging them since June or July of ‘16. That summer and fall, college coaches would walk over to see “what is that grey bat”.

But..... in the post above, Would it matter if UCLA was swinging LXT’s against what was obviously a pitching mismatch? That was the point I was making.

The LXT's are fine bats as well ... as are the Xenos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802