Well....Sh*^

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Really Joe? That's an odd email to get. I agree the distance learning is subpar. My 10th grade DD is doing everything they send,
But no regent tests this year, and still not sure on what they gonna do about AP tests. If we do go back, it will be a few weeks in June at the most. NY should just say no more school this year instead of dragging out the inevitable.

I know for my dd her AP tests will be at home and no multiple choice. Is it not the same for your dd? I think that’s pretty standard across the board but I could be wrong.

Mar 10, 2020
A bit of a harsh response. I mean, I agree with the sentiment, but it's still heavy handed.
Yet you argree to the message. Thought devastating to missing a high school season was heavy handed. Responded equally.
Sincere apologies to the offended.

Jul 3, 2013
Missouri's schools will remained closed through the end of the school year. MSHSAA has cancelled all post season events.

Jul 3, 2013
Yet you argree to the message. Thought devastating to missing a high school season was heavy handed. Responded equally.
Sincere apologies to the offended.

It's not just a high school season, it's her senior season. She would understandably be devastated. I do not agree with your message, I agree that a parent should try to lighten the blow instead of mourning.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
PA just officially canceled school for the year and with it all Spring Sports.

Yep. I've had more than a few conversations today with players crying their eyes out. Asking if we could all just get together one more time.

Some of you may not have much regard for HS ball, but we do. Our area takes it very serious. This squad is an incredible group of young women, let alone extremely talented. This one hurts.

Aug 25, 2019
I know for my dd her AP tests will be at home and no multiple choice. Is it not the same for your dd? I think that’s pretty standard across the board but I could be wrong.
Yes, you are correct, I just asked DW, she's on top of these things.

Apr 26, 2015
I feel so bad for all the spring athletes - seniors especially. DD plays SB in the fall so they already had their season - but she was set to run track. Last season as a freshman she was on a relay team with 2 seniors and a junior that broke their own school record 2x. She was set to run again with 2 more seniors and was so excited. The kids are crushed. Some were still looking to break their PRs for recruiting purposes. DD has 2 more years but feels awful for her friends. The disappointment is real for sure.

And I totally get what Coach Foster meant about having a great group of SB girls set to have a great year. DD’s HS team this last season was special. Truly special. They all agreed if they could play together on a club team they would. They still have “team dinners” and get togethers (well up until social distancing started).

So sorry for all the seniors. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 10, 2020
It's not just a high school season, it's her senior season. She would understandably be devastated. I do not agree with your message, I agree that a parent should try to lighten the blow instead of mourning.
Not a fan of pessimism.
Senior year or not.
Take a proactive aproach.

May 20, 2016
Really Joe? That's an odd email to get.

Was very surprised by it. Especially since they've been waiting to the last day of recommended closure to make the next announcement. Seemed very out of place to all the prior communications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802