Well....Sh*^

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yep - cancelled in CA, too. DD's HS team was set to have their best season in over 10 years, and the seniors were really looking forward to ending their HS careers on a high note. Thankfully, the few games they did play got my DD's enjoyment of the game sparked again, and she's itching to play TB as soon as things are active.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD2 already gave back her HS uniforms and gear last week. Just waiting to hear when TB starts again. Probably nothing until at least May or June.

Aug 25, 2019
I just read a article here in NY saying if we could get back to school by May 1st, we could play a full 18 game season, if mid May, we could play a 12 game season, if by June 1st, no season. A bit of hope, but I still say we not going back at all this year.

May 20, 2016
here in NY

Yeah i'm in NY and we received a email from DD's school saying they don't plan to extend closure past 4/29, which i find odd as NY is usually right behind CA. Maybe since we were early in the cycle they see it as okay to go back this year.

I have mixed feeling on it but the distance learning in NY seems to be pretty subpar. Regardless of sports the education loss is more important to me.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yeah i'm in NY and we received a email from DD's school saying they don't plan to extend closure past 4/29, which i find odd as NY is usually right behind CA. Maybe since we were early in the cycle they see it as okay to go back this year.

I have mixed feeling on it but the distance learning in NY seems to be pretty subpar. Regardless of sports the education loss is more important to me.

We got the announcement 2 weeks ago that school was done for the year.

Aug 25, 2019

Really Joe? That's an odd email to get. I agree the distance learning is subpar. My 10th grade DD is doing everything they send,
But no regent tests this year, and still not sure on what they gonna do about AP tests. If we do go back, it will be a few weeks in June at the most. NY should just say no more school this year instead of dragging out the inevitable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802