Welcome to DiscussFastpitch.com

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2009
My daughter has only been playing for one season,she plays first base and is very good at it and i am not saying that just bcause she is my kid. She has made the all star team,My question is how long dose it take a coach to usally see her talent at first base...i'm worried she will get bored in the out field and not want to play? any advice i would love!

Jun 6, 2009
My daughter has only been playing for one season,she plays first base and is very good at it and i am not saying that just bcause she is my kid. She has made the all star team,My question is how long dose it take a coach to usally see her talent at first base...i'm worried she will get bored in the out field and not want to play? any advice i would love![/QUOTE

How old is your daughter ?

Feb 26, 2010
West Chicago Il
Thank you for the nice compliment Sluggers. There were some great teams from Aurora. The Sealmasters, Aurora Home Savings to mention a few. I was fortunate to be a bat boy for the great Aurora Sealmaster team. My Dad played 2nd base and was inducted to the Men's FastPitch Hall of Fame along with Harvey Sterkel and other great players from that team. My Dad is Bob Barron Sr. I was honored to be able to see him play and to still hear him talk about that great era of Fastpitch softball that not a lot of people knew about.
With my Dad's help in developing me as a ball player, I was good enough to play for the Aurora Home Savings, All Steel, Silver bullets and Decatur Pride Softball teams. From my Dad's teachings and my playing experience, I've been able to run a successful part-time business instructing private hitting lessons for Boy's Baseball and Girl's Softball. Aurora at one time was a hot bed for Men's Fastpitch softball. What a great place to grow up and experience something that special.

Bobby B.

May 30, 2011
Silver Bullets/All Steel Team Autographed ball

Hey Bobby B,

I know this is random but could you help me? My dad used to take me to the Silver Bullet/All Steel games when I was a kid, late 80s early 90s. I have an autographed team ball. I am trying to find a roster for that team. Here are the names I can read off the ball...Ron Sterkel #31, Mark Agnew #22, Paul Algar #11, Greg Stockton, Newton #8?, Bill Pheffer #12?, Doug H.?, Chris H. #9?, Barry K. #14?, Kurt B. #23?, Brian Carson #10, Bobby G.? (I remember he was a Spanish guy), Mike C. #7?, and the BB Mike Williams. 13 players and the ball boy. The names without the question mark I know are right. Any info would be greatly appreciated.....Justin

Jun 22, 2011
Question on eligibility...

Will a college player lose eligibility if she participates in independent (adult) summer softball tournaments? She was told that if the tournament had an entry fee then she cannot play or risk her college eligibility. Someone please shed some light on the subject.

Apr 16, 2012
We need to start an ASA team in our area, Portland OR. We have been involved with Little League since T ball and feel LL is to limiting now. We know a few of the ins and outs pretty well, coaching, player agent, even President so no illusions just want a place for players to play. Know it won't happen this season but would like inputs about getting started for next season -?

Sep 6, 2012
My daughter is 6 years old, will not be 7 till January. She played softball for the first time in the Spring for the city we live in and currently started playing this fall for a neighbor city. She knows the fundamentals of the game, was labeled the best hitter/thrower on her team in the Spring. Is it a bad idea to want to move her up? She is playing with girls that are still learning to throw and bat and she seems bored at practice. I just want some feedback and advice. Thanks!

Apr 1, 2010
My daughter is 6 years old, will not be 7 till January. She played softball for the first time in the Spring for the city we live in and currently started playing this fall for a neighbor city. She knows the fundamentals of the game, was labeled the best hitter/thrower on her team in the Spring. Is it a bad idea to want to move her up? She is playing with girls that are still learning to throw and bat and she seems bored at practice. I just want some feedback and advice. Thanks!

Since she's more advanced than the other 6 and under girls, is getting bored, and just missed being too old for 6 and under by a month anyhow, I don't see why you couldn't look for an 8 and under team for her. She would be in the same grade as many first year 8 and under girls anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12