Weighted Softballs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 18, 2019
So im looking between the Total Control 82 and Precision Impact Softball Slugs. Which have yall found to hold up and last longer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Apr 18, 2019
Yeah, i have some I was given by a friend a while back but the rubber is too soft anymore.
Used them for a good while with my girls. Its helped quite a bit with their hitting.

Out of curiosity why do you say not to use them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
At young ages you need to focus on mechanics and technique. Weighted balls are likely to cause poor mechanics which will lead to injury. Let them throw and hit regular balls and they will be encouraged by the distances they can throw and hit. Build on that.

May 6, 2015
I would not use for younger girls either, maybe 10u and up, and only if girls are physically ready for them

related questions, thinking of trying these with DD (12u) to improve her power at plate, do they work for that? what size/weight is reccommended for hitting with these, dizzying array of options on amazon? Should I have her use something other than her composite game bat (we have a couple of older dead ones lying around)?

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
Illinois
If you are really getting these weighted balls for 6 year old kids to hit I would also recommend not purchasing them at all.

You would be way better off with something like these.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28