Weight Shift Video (It's a bad one!)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
My wife sent this to me. She was angry and ranting about it, which means everybody here has taught her well. :)

I tried to watch a few other videos from these guys and they all seem really bad. Can I get some confirmation here that this channel needs to be on my "Do Not Watch" list (something I am probably going to send to my players since those inquisitive little scamps love YouTube and are good at finding all the wrong material).

Apr 11, 2019
With those mechanics all you’ll be hitting are rollover grounders and pop-ups to the infield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 20, 2017
giphy.gif

Jan 9, 2018
Wow. Just wow. This guy sells a hitting program? That is the one big flaw that rears it's ugly head occasionally in my DD swing. When she is really anxious to hit the ball hard she will get over her front leg and all the work she has put in is gone. If one likes to hit weak ground balls to second, listen to this advice.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Wow. Just wow. This guy sells a hitting program? That is the one big flaw that rears it's ugly head occasionally in my DD swing. When she is really anxious to hit the ball hard she will get over her front leg and all the work she has put in is gone. If one likes to hit weak ground balls to second, listen to this advice.

This is literally one of the biggest flaws our new girls have when they're just starting out.

One of the first things I say to them is "Swing hard" (I want them understanding that before I even bother with mechanics). When they do that, they almost always get their weight all going forward like this. Some of them end up spinning around in a circle (because the alternative is falling face-first on the ground).

Check out some of the other videos on the site. All the ones I looked at contained equally bad advice about different elements of the swing.

Sep 29, 2014
Pretty bad.....to answer your question yes steer clear of this advice, can't even begin to start with how much he has going wrong there.

did look at a few other videos he does get somethings right in other videos but its kinda hit and miss....pun intended

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee