Weighing Options for next year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
This concerns making a decision for the 2019-2020 TB season. Entering 2nd year of 16U for a 2022 player, so it's a very important year. So, let's say that a HC who is very well-known in the local TB scene and has lots of college coach connections is deciding to make a move from coaching at the 18U level for a top tier local org (let's call it the "Pythons") to coaching a 16U team for an org that is not well known at all in the area (I have no idea if it's an org that is known elsewhere). Would you be willing to consider such a team given HC's rep and experience? I am concerned with what the quality of the schedule will be. Will tournament directors use prior relationship with HC from the previous org to assign parks/fields for showcases, for example, or would his team be relegated to the fields where you'll never see a college coach? What about invitations to high-level tournaments; issued based upon the team's past performance (which there is none; it would be a new team) or based on HC reputation? Curious to hear opinions from others.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
This concerns making a decision for the 2019-2020 TB season. Entering 2nd year of 16U for a 2022 player, so it's a very important year. So, let's say that a HC who is very well-known in the local TB scene and has lots of college coach connections is deciding to make a move from coaching at the 18U level for a top tier local org (let's call it the "Pythons") to coaching a 16U team for an org that is not well known at all in the area (I have no idea if it's an org that is known elsewhere). Would you be willing to consider such a team given HC's rep and experience? I am concerned with what the quality of the schedule will be. Will tournament directors use prior relationship with HC from the previous org to assign parks/fields for showcases, for example, or would his team be relegated to the fields where you'll never see a college coach? What about invitations to high-level tournaments; issued based upon the team's past performance (which there is none; it would be a new team) or based on HC reputation? Curious to hear opinions from others.
We went to a new org just on the reputation of the coach who moved over as well. We were on all the fields we would have been on based on the coach's old org. The college coaches came to our games. That said, this coach was highly respected in our area. Known throughout the state and surrounding areas. From my perspective, the coach's reputation carries a lot of weight with the Tournament directors and college coaches.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
That's good to hear. We are just in the investigation stage at this point, but I do know the coach is well-known and well-respected in the area.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2